The Lying Detective (Part 2)

A/n: Hello lovely readers! I am so, so, so sorry that I took so long to update! This chapter wound up being longer than I expected. On top of that, I've had loads of schoolwork piling up and it just feels like it's never ending right now.
With how busy my semester is seeming, I might not be able to continuously update on a regular basis. I know for a while I was updating about every ten days. I will try my absolute hardest to get new chapters to you all within ten days, but I can't promise anything. I hope you understand and will remain patient with me.
I love writing this story so much, and I love seeing your reactions! I hope you enjoy this chapter! And make sure you keep an eye out for my next update!
Thank you all so much! I love you a crazy bunch! 🤗💖

~Crazygirlp13

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Mrs. Hudson, slow down!" You cried as the landlady took a very sharp turn at a very high speed.

You pressed yourself against your seat. Your muscles were all very tense. You couldn't pull your widened eyes away from the road ahead. Mrs. Hudson seemed to pay no mind to your panic. She very calmly continued to speed down the road, talking to Mycroft Holmes on the phone.
There had been sirens following you for a few miles, barely heard over "Ode to Joy" that was blasting through the speakers. Now, you managed to hear the faint sound of a helicopter. You leaned forward just enough to glance into the sky to see it. You instantly leaned back again as Mrs. Hudson went flying around a roundabout.

"Jeez!" You covered your eyes with one hand.

The car turned once more before you felt it shift drastically. You pulled your hand away to catch the last bit of an impressive U-turn that ended the ride. Mrs. Hudson put the car in park and exited the vehicle. You remained paralyzed in your spot for another minute. Slowly, you peeled yourself off the seat and shakily got out of the vehicle.

"Stop right where you are," A male voice said.

You looked over to see a police officer walking towards Mrs. Hudson. She stared at him confusedly.

"Huh? What?" She asked. She continued towards the house that she had parked in front of. That was when you realized who else was here. "Oh, John..." Mrs. Hudson said, extending a hand to him.

You walked around the car to join the group. You took notice of the woman standing behind John. She too was confused by the situation.

"Mrs. Hudson." He stepped forward, just as confused as you were at this moment.

The officer came up to her. "Do you have any idea what speed you were going at?"

"Well, of course not," She answered. "I was on the phone."

You let out a sigh and rubbed your forehead. She wasn't helping her case at all.

"Oh..." She held out her phone to the officer. "...it's for you, by the way."

"For him?" You asked.

"For me?" The officer took the phone automatically.

Mrs. Hudson turned away and began to walk towards the house. "It's the government."

"The what?!" He asked, before raising the phone to his ear.

You slipped past him, giving him a sympathetic look. You joined John and Mrs. Hudson who had begun conversation.

"What's happened?" John asked her.

"It's Sherlock!" She declared, causing a fluttering feeling in your chest. Then, all-at-once, she broke down in hysterical tears and pulled John into a hug. "You've no idea what I've been through."