She smiled at her and let herself be pulled over to a group of younger girls that wanted to talk to her.

Across the room, Scott stood leaning against the wall as watching his beautiful girlfriend of seven years, her kneeled in front of some of the younger students as they talked with a smile. She was amazing. Her long black hair that fell down her back, her dark eyes that made him melt under their gaze, and pale skin that seemed unmarked even after a mission.

He felt a tap on his pant leg and looked down to see a boy around the age of 8. The kid gestured him to bent down to whisper something and he did.

"Your girlfriend's pretty." The boy whispered to him, making Scott smile happily as he let his eyes wander over to Max.

"I know." He whispered back.

***

"They said that?"

"They did! They really like my tail." Max said with a smile as she grabbed a cropped black jean jacket out of their shared closet. The younger girls seemed to have an infatuation with her tail, mesmerized by the way it swayed back and forth and trying to grab it occasionally.

"It was quiet nice of them." She said looking over to her loving boyfriend who sat on the back of their couch facing her. Scott was wearing his visor with a simple long sleeved, gray shirt and jeans. "Why? Are you little jealous, of the seven year olds playing with my tail?" Max asked teasingly as she finished putting on her coat and walking over towards him.

"No, because I know that you love me and I love you." He said before taking a moment to admire her outfit. Plaid black and white pants with a tight white top, the black jean jacket over it and big black combat boots. She looked perfect. Max always did.

She cupped his cheeks and smiled before kissing him, taking his bottom lip between hers

She cupped his cheeks and smiled before kissing him, taking his bottom lip between hers. Scott's hands found their way around her waist as hers tangled in his hair. He let out a soft moan as they pulled apart, their noses nudging slightly. Scott stared her for a second before asking the thing he had been worrying about for a while.

"Hey..what do you want to do after..this?" He asked nervously.

Max looked at him confused, "What do you mean?"

"Like, after being X-Men, what do you want to do? Like move out and get a house somewhere..together? Like in the future?" After dodging her eyes, he looked up at her to see her staring down him, her standing still and him sitting.

"Yeah, someday." Max said sincerely as she started to play with his hair, "But can you really picture me with kids? The kids here are only not scared of me because I'm an X-Men." She answered with a sad chuckle.

"Max, have you seen all the things that you've done for Jean and Jubilee? Sure, you don't have any blood related siblings, but you practically raised Jubilee yourself, especially after she got her mutation. And Jean is your sister not matter what. You are great with people, you just don't like them very much." Scott said, the end a little teasingly, making her laugh as he peppered her neck with small kisses.

Once Jubilee turned 18, and Charles deemed her ready, she left the mansion to go be apart of the relay world. It was hard for Max to let her go but she knew that this was something she had to do but, they still chat on the phone and visit each other.

"And you know, we could always just stay here...tonight." He said with a little ridiculous eye wiggle, making her chuckle louder as Scott placed messier kisses along her collarbone.

"Well, we at least to make an appearance."

Vote and comment! ❣️