coming out

(Mikes pov)
Today's the day...The day we tell the party that Will and I are in love and have been dating for almost a month.

I'm really nervous about what they're gonna say. Imagine if they're homophobic? What if they hate us.

While i'm thinking this, I roll over and look at Will. His cute sleepy face makes me smile, and gives me a sense of hope.

"Even if they do hate us, which they most likely won't, Will and I will still have each other, and that's then most important thing." I think aloud to myself, which causes Will to slowly wake up.

"Hey, How'd you sleep?" I ask him, softly.

"Great! All that dancing really tired me out." Will says, with a smile on his face.

"Me too." i say. But that was a lie. I had only gotten a few hours of sleep last night because of my nervousness for telling the party.

I guess i hadn't noticed, but i had a worried look on my face, which cause Will to say:

"Mikey, what's wrong? Are you nervous for today? They'll accept us, don't worry. We've all been best friends for so long. And i know they're not homophobic, I came out to them a few weeks ago..."

"You did?" i ask, surprised. I honestly didn't know will had the courage to do that by himself, which sounds mean, but he's just really shy all the time.

"Ya, is that okay??" Will asks me, nervous.

"What?! Will, baby, you think i'm mad at you because of that? No way. I'm so proud of you. I could never be that courageous to do that alone." i tell him as i pull him into a big hug.

"Aw, thanks mike." Will says cutely.

"And thanks for reassuring me, Will. I really needed that. I'm just super nervous."

"We don't have to tell them today if you're not ready..." Will says, quietly.

"No!" i say, accidentally a little to loud, which causes will to flinch.
"Sorry, i didn't mean to say it that loud, but i'm ready. I don't want to wait any longer.

"Me neither." Will says with a smile.

I look down at my watch, which reads "8:15," so i say:
"Let's get ready and go get some breakfast. After that we can call the rest of the party and ask them if they want to go to star court. We can all hang out and then tell them there. Sound good?"

"Ya, sounds great." Will says, and proceeds to kiss me on the forehead.
"I'm gonna go get dressed now."

(Wills POV)
After breakfast, Mike and I go on a bike ride to get some fresh air. It's only 9:30, so we still have a few hours to mentally prepare to tell the party about us, even though we were both ready.

We were riding at a secret part of hawkins that no one really knows about, which is weird, because it looks straight out a fairy tail.
"It's a really beautiful day today." I point out while we're riding by a creek.

"Everyday is beautiful when you're here." Mike says, smirking.

"Smooth, Wheeler." I say, giggling, which causes mike to smile, get distracted, ride over a big branch, lose balance, and fall off his bike.

He's laying face down on the ground.

"Is he dead? Oh my god!" I think aloud and get off my bike.

"Uhhhh, Mike?" I poke him with a stick and he doesn't move a muscle, so i grab his shoulder so I can turn him to face the sky.

When I turn him around, he's laughing and i slap him in the arm.

"DIPSHIT! YOU SCARED THE FUCK OUTTA ME OH MY FUCKING GOD!" I yell out and hold out my hand for him to get up.