The snow ball

(Wills POV)
      "Did that really just happen-" i think to myself. I knew i was in love with mike, but, is he in love with me too...? "But, he did say he only wants to go as friends." i say aloud to myself, disappointed. "He probobly just doesn't want to go alone."I need to talk to somone... maybe mom. I know she'll accept me, we've talked about these kinds of things before.

                                           —
       "Hey mom, Can we talk about something..."
i say quietly at dinner.
    "Sure honey, what's up?" Mom answers.
"Um, it's about, being in love..." i start.
"Are you in love with someone will the wise?" she teases.
"I- I think..." i answer.
     "So, who's the special lady...or lad." Mom asks.
"Uhhh..." i say. "M-Mike..."
Mom looks at me shocked. "Mike!? Honey, isn't he your best buddy?"
     "Y-Ya, but, i think i want to be more than just 'buddies' mom...and, i think, he does too..."
"How do you know he likes you" mom asks. "Did he say something?"
"Well," i start. "He kind of...asked me to the dance, and i said yes. Plus he was acting weird around me and called me cute ."
"Oh honey, he definitely likes you." mom says, smiling.
"Really!" i say, happily.
"Obviously. he's totally crushing on you, will." mom tells me.
    "Thanks mom!" i say. "Well, i need to get stuff for the dance. It's tomorrow night.
"Ok." joyce says with a smile on her face. "Good luck buddy."
            —

   I'm looking through jonathan's old suits for what seems like hours until I find one that fits.
     "Hey mom!" I call out from Jonathan's room. "Does this look alright?"
       "Sweetie," mom says as i come into view. "You look wonderful. Very handsome."
       "Mommmm, Stoppppp." i chuckle.
"I just know Mikes going to think the same too!" she says.
     "Well, I hope." i say, hopeful.
I look down at my watch. 8:30.
     "Hey mom, i'm gonna head to bed. Don't want to be tired for tomorrow!" I do a little smirk and eyebrow wiggle, to which she gives out a loud chuckle.
    "Ok goodnight baby, I love you!" she giggles.
"Goodnight mom." i laugh out.

                                        —
(Mikes POV)
      Today's the day. The day of the dance. The day I confess all of my feelings to Will. "God, i'm so nervous." I think aloud to myself. "What if robins wrong, and he doesn't feel the same way. What if I end up embarrassing myself and he calls me a freak."
   "MIKE SHUT UP! STOP THINKING LIKE THAT."    A voice in the back of my head echos, sending chills down my spine and making me shiver.
    "Ok, ok." i think, in my head this time. "He does feel the same way. I just know it.
    I sleepily drag myself down the stairs and sit down at the breakfast table.
  "Hey son!" dad starts. "Have you found a girl to take to the dance yet?"
    "Uhhh, N-no." i lie, quickly.
  "Oh, well sorry to here that son. Happens to the best of us. Even happened to me, But then, I saw your mom sitting and crying all alone and asked her to dance!" He says.
  "Oh. That's cool!" I say, pretending to be interested.
"Sure is, son. Maybe that'll happen to you, And you'll meet your future wife as well!"
   "Ya, wife, right." I whisper under my breath, just pushing around at my soggy cereal.
     Mom looks at me suspiciously. "Not hungry hon?" she asks, concerned.
    "No, not really." I answer. "Had a pretty big midnight snack." That was a lie, of course. My stomach was in knots from the anxiety of the dance.
    "Micheal," Mom says with her hand on her hip, annoyed. "I told you already, No midnight snacks!"
    "Sorry mom." i say quietly. I start to drift into a long daydream fantasy of Will and I slow dancing under the disco ball, The light shining above us like a pale moonlight.
     When I finally snap out of it, I look over at the oven which reads 8:15. "SHIT!" I exclaim, so loud it makes my little sister, Holly, jump in her seat.
   "Language!" Mom and dad say in sync.
  "Sorry!" i apologize, while running to the front door. "I'm late for school! Love you. Bye!"
  "Love you micheal!" Mom yells from behind me.