Chapter 6

2 weeks later…

      It had been two weeks since Emily had made a pact with Death and she had finally gotten used to the Bond household. There were a lot more supers than she had originally thought staying with him. Apparently, the locked rooms she had earlier seen when she had first entered belonged to supers who did not want their identity revealed to a human.

      She had met a Daywalker (a vamp who walks in the sunlight), a couple more elves, werewolves but sadly no fairies or pixies. When she had asked Rex about the pixies he had simply said the Earth would not agree with them and if they were forced to come they definitely would not stay close to any major city.

      Ahh Rex, he was just too stunning for words. They had become much closer in the past two weeks. She just loved how his eyes were so warm in the morning, intense during the day and how they always melted her insides at night.

     Their days consisted of her waking up in his arms… ah funny story about that. It turned out the room she was staying in was also Rex’s because all the others were already occupied.

      Rex being Rex, had decided to sleep on the couch but when she found that his nightmares could be stopped by holding him and taking his dreams, she ordered him to sleep with her, with no ulterior motive of course ‘at the time’.

      He did not know she was taking his nightmares, or else he would have said hell no. She had lied, saying that humans help each other to ease their dreams when they slept with a close friend. Hey! it was not a complete lie right?

      When he slept, he always put his arms around her waist, dragging her close to him as if trying to push her into his heart. She had spent every night since snuggled against him, her body meshed with his as if they had been specially made for each other. The fact that he liked to sleep with his shirt off sure did not help douse her wild fantasies. She slept and woke to the heavy beating of his heart against her head, playing the perfect tune and his warm eyes looking into hers.

After a week and a half though, she had come to a definite conclusion.

Terry Bond was a complete idiot!!!

While the sight of him always sent her into a complete upheaval, he always seemed to be calm and she was getting tired of wondering if he liked her or not.

“OUCH!!!” she squealed as a plastic bullet hit her on her arm.

“Sorry Em, but you gotta concentrate more. What are you thinking about?” Rex asked her with a look of concern in his eyes.

You! You dumb oaf. Damn, why do you have to look so damn good? Emily groaned.

      He was wearing a gray sweatshirt and pants. His shirt was soaked with sweat and clung to his chest like a second skin. She had seen him shirtless plenty of times but sweaty shirt chest had its own unique appeal. She felt the lump in her throat rise as she remembered trailing her fingers all over his chest every night after he fell asleep and the feel of his built torso. He was crossing his arms and again her mind flew off, fantasizing on all the things those arms could, or rather, SHOULD be doing to her right now. He raked a hand through his hair to push it away from his eyes. His disheveled morning hair was just too cute, she squealed to herself, lost in the beautiful shine it gave off in the sunlight. She loved Wet Rex… VERY VERY much.

      But none of these feelings compared to the feeling she got from his eyes. Oh God his eyes were so dreamy in the morning. Like a walk into a lit forest in the early morning when the sunlight lights up the trees in a soft green hue. The feeling you get like you’re in bliss was very similar to what she felt when she stared into his eyes.