Chapter 31

A hunter dropped to his knees in front of Nathan, his hands slowly sliding down Nathan’ s bloodied chest. His aching chest had several gashes from which blood seeped out freely, but the young guardian still had a lot left in him.

The good news was that fifteen hunters lay unconscious around him, but unfortunately, there were still about thirty, very conscious and very angry hunters left.

With a deathly smile on his face, he spun his ice staff around his body, then held it diagonally around his back and motioned for them to come attack him.

“With pleasure,” an enthusiastic girl at the front cried as she charged at him with her sword drawn. Nathan noted she did not have any elements on her and deduced she was a contractor of Athena.

“Bring it,” he provoked as she lunged at him.

Adrenaline at its max, he blocked her strikes while retreating slowly and when he saw his chance, he pushed her sword back which staggered her. He struck her thigh and when her led bent in, he quickly jabbed her consecutively on her stomach, then spun around and launched her into the air with a hit to her lower jaw.

She fell unconscious near a man with dark hair and sparks on his sword which revealed he was a contractor of Zeus. Next to him was a girl with red hair and a spear whose mouth was made of blades that curved in at the middle then back out at the top. He could easily tell she was a warrior of Athena from the blood thirst in her eyes.

“All of you at once. End this,” the man ordered and the twenty-something pack of crazies charged at an exasperated Nathan.

“Couldn’t have said it better,” Nathan complied as he ran to meet them.

He flung his staff and it hit the skull of the vanguard, and hurtled into the air. He ignored the staff for a brief moment as he somersaulted, placed his right leg on the shoulders of the vanguard for support, then kicked the boy’s face. Ice erupted from his legs when the made impact with the boy’s face and they fired the boy like a cannon into a group of hunters at his right.

Nathan spun horizontally in the air after the kick, and narrowly dodged a swipe from a flaming sword. Three hunters surrounded his hovering body, with charges on their hands ready to blast. With a smile, he dropped to the ground with his feet spread wide apart and did a ground sweep, flinging his assailants into the air. Their blasts went haywire and hit a number of their own comrades, which further reduced their numbers.

Nathan caught his staff which had just landed and before they fell, he ducked under another spear from his back, then without turning back, he jabbed the stomach of his attacker and shot out another ball of hard ice from the tip of his staff which threw her into a wall.

His attention went back to his assailants who were still falling and he whacked each consecutively, then jumped and watched as a blast of wind blew the boys out of the house.

“Damn you!” a guy screamed as he lunged at Nathan bare fisted.

“Hercules huh?” Nathan leered then continuously dodged the boy’s slow but frightening powerful blows. Due to the fact that he his attention was completely fixed on not becoming mashed potatoes, he did not notice the girls that crept up in formation around him and started chanting a spell under their breath.