1. Unanswered Questions

December 24th

———

"So what do you want to know?"
Percy of course wasn't going to tell them everything, but they had the right to ask.
"How?"
The young demigod daughter of Poseidon stared into her brother's eyes, for once the emotion within them wasn't hidden.

"It's a long story."

Dick chuckled humorously "We've got the time."

"Well I'm a demigod, daughter of Poseidon to be exact. Only a year ago there was a war led by a demigod child of the big three against the Titan Lord Kronos. We lost many good demigods that day." She took a moment to stare sadly at the ground, remembering those she had lost.
None of the boys dared break the moment, not until she spoke.

"Last summer Mother Earth, Gaea, raised from her sleep 7 brave demigods went to face her... only 6 came back." She looked at the four boys in front of her before continuing. "It's not easy being a demigod, many die young. Monsters come after us to get back at the gods, we can't use phones because it's basically sending out a message to any monsters near that you are there and would love to die."

Tim Dick and Jason all shared a look, and Damian shook his head at her. "What?"

"Yeah Uh I think we all just have one problem with that... aren't you Riptide... didn't you lead the wars?"

She stared at them for a moment before nodding slowly.
Gods I'm a kelp-head.

"You don't have to lie to us Percy, if you don't want to talk about something we don't have to. Just tell us." She gave Dick a grateful look.

"Perce..." Her brother's face was lit in realization. "... Monster attack, is that how Sally and Annabeth died?"

Percy looked at her brother with sad eyes and nodded. "Annabeth... was killed in action, fighting Gaea. And Sally was killed before I even made it home from Athens."
She glanced at each of them before looking down to her lap. "I'm not ready to talk about the second war yet."

"That is understandable sea spawn."

Jason tapped his fingers on his face before he shoot up straight in his seat. "Wait so you're like really strong right? Wanna spar after your arm... isn't completely shredded?"
The daughter of Poseidon let out a chuckle at her brother's antics. "I would love to Jay."

Bruce shifted from where he had been quietly leaning against the fireplace, now looking eagerly at Percy. "So will you be staying then Percy?"

She didn't miss how her brother sucked in his breath and the Tatar Tot was staring at her expectantly.
Percy turned so she was making eye contact with Jason. "Well I kinda have to don't I? Jason promised to show me around Gotham."

Her brother's eyes lit up in delight, a chuckle escaping his lips. "I did didn't I?"

———

"You know when I insinuated that I wanted you to show me around Gotham I did mean right now."
Jason was currently pulling by her arm (Her good one) along the downtown of Gotham. Making sure to stay away from the sketchy streets, which was honestly hard to do so every now and then Jason told her to walk fast down a street and not look back.
Gotham is just sooo charming.

Although Percy had to admit, Gotham was beautiful. Parts of it at least.
"Here wait here and I'll go get us some hotdogs for lunch."
Before Percy could show any sign of hearing him her brother disappeared through the crowd, leaving her to stand beside a small corner store.
Well this is just great.