9. Old Memories

"What happened to Jason?"

-•-

Maybe Percy wished she hadn't asked, and maybe she was glad she did.
The demigod honestly didn't know, although she had to say that Jason and she had both been through eerily similar situations.
She had just gone through Hades, while her brother went in Hades.

Wandering through the complex halls of Wayne manor helped keep her mind busy.
Or so she liked to think.

No matter how hard she tried she couldn't help but compare the chilling hours he must have spent with the Joker before his death to her own experiences, Tartarus to name one.

Before Sally died, the last time Percy had spoken with her brother was when she was 14, and now the timeline added up.
Bruce had told her that Jason had been missing for 5 years, and by missing he meant dead.
It made Percy's heartthrob to realize that Jason had kept that burner phone even through death. It made her brother's harsh words finally make sense to the young daughter of the sea.

She stopped in front of her door, sighing as she looked at the time.
An hour until sunrise.

Not bothering to change out of her sweat-soaked and horridly ripped clothes Percy flung herself into bed.
Praying to Morpheus for a good rest, Poseidon knows she needed it.

-•-

' "Promise you'll never leave me?" She felt her brother tense at her words before he let go of his tight hug and crouched at her level, deep-blue meeting sea-green.
"I promise Perce. I'm never leaving." '

' Percy stared worriedly at the crack in the side of the warehouse. Jason should have been back an hour ago, it wasn't like him to stay out this long.
Was her brother okay? '

' She leaned her head against the cold concrete wall, the sounds of Gotham luring her to sleep.
Over the course of her short miserable life, she had grown accustomed to the nightly sounds of screams and gunfire, now it was simply white noise. '

' A dark figure ducking into the small crack made her jump to her feet, a wide grin on her face.
Jason was back! '

' "Jason! What took you so-" She cut off with a cry of surprise, her eyes widening at the sight of milky pale skin that seemed to shine in the moonlight coming through the broken windows. '

' "Who? Wh-wha..." All Percy could do was stand there in horror as the figure got closer. Long fangs more visible with every step it took. '

' "Perseus Todd. I have been looking for you." It spoke with a raspy voice, its beady eyes lit up in interest and something else. '

' It stopped only a foot away from her, and before the little orphan could do anything its long-pale arm shot out, gripping her wrist tightly.
A yelp of pain rang out through the empty warehouse but no one was around that could or even would help the little girl.
She was alone. '

' Percy screamed and kicked, thrashing around in an attempt to stop the creature from dragging her from the warehouse, but it was too strong. '

' When it had finally dragged her out of the crack and onto the damp streets of Gotham, the creature paused and observed her, almost assessing her. '

' Whatever it saw made the creature nod to itself, before beginning to haul her towards the street.
Was it going to throw her out in front of traffic? '