2. A Day Of Torture

December 27

"...Wow okay I am very glad I'm not there right now." Jason looked up as his sister entered the living room her new flip phone tucked under her chin as she munched loudly on a bag of chips.
"Who's that?"
She stopped in her tracks looking up, a quizzical expression on her face.

With a role of his eyes Jason pointed at the phone. "Who's on the phone?"

She made an 'o' with her mouth before pulling the phone away and covering it with her hand.
"It's Piper, apparently Leo has been... busy. Long story short Leo watched 'Spies in disguise' and made a slime-canon-thingy, needless to say Piper is in a sticky situation."

"What is wrong with your frien- never-mind." He cut himself off as Percy walked out of the room, chuckling as her friend said something else.
Girls are weird.

Not even a minute later Dick walked into the room, a troubled look on his face.
"Hey Jaybird, Timmy and I are gonna go see a movie. Alfreds' out running errands, and B is at the office. Are you gonna be fine alone with Percy?"

Jason rolled his eyes at his brother.
"Yeah we'll be fine, what could possibly go wrong?"

———

"Percy! I'm going to freaking end you!" Jason yelled as he put in a new magazine in his gun, he peaked around the corner only for an spear to just miss his head.
He looked over at his sister, who was on the other side of the opening, glaring at her as she formed mini water spikes from the vapour of the air.
"Well it's not my fault someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed!"

{One hour prior}

"Fish, Golden Boy and Demon are gone. Let's do something." Percy gazed up from the book she was reading, her eyebrows drawn together in confusion.
"What did you call me?"

Jason stepped further into her room, until her was towering above her, his lips twisted up in an amused grin, "Fish."

Percy just blinked at her brother. "Why?"

"Because..." he motioned to her, "You're the daughter of Poseidon, king of fish."

In that moment she didn't know whither to be offended or highly amused. "Technically you're not wrong... but you know... Poseidon is actually the ruler of the sea, bringer of storms, and creator of horses. But king of fish works too."

Her brother just grunted in reply, his eyes deep in thought—his evil smirk growing wider every second. "Wait, wouldn't that make you some Atlantian Princess? So if we met up with Aquaman and his little sidekick they'd have to bow and what not?"

"That would be pretty funny... if I was considered royalty." At the weird look her brother gave her she clarified.

"I'm not considered official royalty because... well I'm a bastard. Dad could probably change that but, to put it lightly he doesn't like me too much." She knew her brother hadn't missed the way she had spat the word dad, like it was a disease or a curse.

"Aquaman only bowed out of curtsy at the hall of Justice, most of the Atlantians see me as royalty even though I've only officially been acknowledged at camp." A dry laugh escapes her lips. "Maybe if our mother wasn't just a one-night stand things would be different... but they aren't. No doubt he'll be all buddy-buddy with me next time there is a war, giving me seashells."

Before she could continue on her ramble Percy was engulfed by two strong arms, wrapping her tightly in a hug, the smell of cigarettes in the air.
"Well it's a good thing you have us now."

Percy let herself melt into the embrace. "Yeah it is."
Jason slowly let go of the embrace and asked his initial question again. "So what do you want to do?"

She looked up at her brother, a sly grin on her face."Wanna go on a monster killing spree?"
"Why not?"

———

"I thought you said this would be easy?!" From the corner of his eye Jason saw her shoot him a stupendous look. "I said it would be easy to find them, not kill them, you need-" the sound of gunfire drowned her out as Jason emptied a whole mag.
They had found a group of Dracanae, or whatever they are called, in the old ice cream shop downtown, the two of them had followed the monsters down to a hallway that opened up into a large room full of weapons.
Currently they were stuck just outside the hallway as the snake-ladies threw spears at them.

"Percy! I'm going to freaking end you!" Jason yelled as he put in a new magazine in his gun, he peaked around the corner only for an spear to just miss his head.
He gazed over at his sister, who was on the other side of the opening, glaring at her as she formed mini water spikes from the vapour of the air.

"Well it's not my fault someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed!"
She quickly launched the deadly spikes at their targets, missing them by meters.
"What the hell was that?"

This time Percy shoot her brother a glare, "First off it's Hades not hell, and secondly do you think I've done this before? I have a sword for a reason! I'm not good at long range...anything."

"Well I'm almost out of bullets so you better be real good with a sword or we are all screwed."
Percy just smirked at him.
Oh dear Lord Jesus we are screwed.

———

Percy couldn't help but chuckle at Jason's expression as she decimated the dracanae, killing them was a simple task once Jason provided her with the cover she needed in order to get close.
And now there was just one left.

"Are you going to kill her or what?" The demigod gave her brother a side glance look that almost screamed 'duh'.

However, before she could bring her sword down on the snake-lady's head she spoke. "Perssssy Jacksssson, why did you come for ussss?"
The daughter of Poseidon looked down at the Scythian in disgust. "Like I need a reason to send you to the pit. We came and tracked you down." With a proud shimmer in her eyes she added the last part.

"But we haven't been told to kill you yet? Did ssssssomeone tell you?"

"What do you mean by yet?"
Jason's question was met by silence as the monster was turned into a golden cloud.

The green eyed man turned on his sister."What the hell Percy?"
Percy only rolled her eyes at him.
"I had to take her down!"
"You killed her!"
"She's a demigod killing monster! I didn't think I had to prop up some pillows before I took her out."
Percy watched as her brother pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. "We needed her! She would have talked! Aren't you a little curious by what she meant? But you killed her!"
"Sorry that was dumb. But she deserved it." With that Percy stormed off and out of the building. A scowl on her face as she begun to make the long trek back to the manor.

(Bonus points if you know what I did there)

———

I know in the books Poseidon is actually okay, and a fairly good dad considering... him being a god. But I really didn't think it makes sense for Poseidon to be like that in this situation.

In the books Sally is Percy's mother, and they actually fell in love and what not. But in this situation Sheila(her mom) was simply a one night stand.

Poseidon is known to be rather moody and bad-tempered, so this just made sense to me as he never loved their mother.