5. Yee Of Little Faith

-•-

Four figures walked stiffly down the dark streets of Gotham, weapons ready at a moments notice.

All four wore what seemed to be ancient battle armour, although everyone they passed didn't spare them a second glance.
A dark haired teen chuckled humorously as the youngest of the small group grumbled quietly under his breath as he readjusted the bronze armour, again.
Making the boy look up at him sharply.

"Tell me again why he had to come?"
Percy rolled her eyes at Damian's theatrics.
"Because a team of three works best, I told Nico of our... predicament before Jason said he was coming."
The young teen didn't seem to think that was a good enough answer as he opened his mouth to retort, beat only by a second by Nico.

"Be thankful that Percy decided you should still come when I suggested we leave you behind and take Jason instead." At that Damian glared furiously at the older dark-haired teen.

"Tt that is absurd Todd doesn't know nearly enough of the godly world as I do."

At that both Nico and Percy chuckled making Damian shot them a quizzical look. "I'm sorry lil demon, but on my first quest I didn't even know the names of half the Olympians and I barely knew how to use a sword. I think my bro will be fine."

Jason shot his sister a smug smile. "Thanks for the confidence sis."
Making the demigod wink at him.

Percy watched in silent mirth as Jason tugged at his bronze breastplate uncomfortably. "Not to sound like an unbeliever, but you sure this thing will protect me?"

Nico shook his head in amusement, "Yeah he is totally your brother Jackson." Turning to Jason he added. "They work just fine, better than your bullet proof vests would at least."

Damian took the opportunity to slide into the conversation. "You'll be fine Todd, Demigods have been wearing these for centuries."
At that the son of Hades shot his cousin an impressed look. "I didn't know you knew that." He knew that Percy had been teaching the young teen about the godly world.
The green-eyed girl shook her head at Nico. "I didn't, Damian started reading as soon as I taught him Ancient Greek."

Damian looked proud as he stuck his chin up just a little higher, until a loud cough echoed down the ally where they were walking, as Jason softly murmured. "Nerd."

"Tt Todd, I wouldn't be sounding so smug. The rat incident might happen again, just this time you won't-"

"You try it again demon, and you'll wake up with something wet and slimy in your bed."
Percy didn't even want to know what Jason was implying.
Although it is a good threat, I'll have to remember it.

Her cousin shot her a brilliant smile, "I like him."

Why do I feel like this is going to bee a long night?

-

Sorry that this is so short but the next part is going to take a bit to write and I assumed you guys would want something to read as you wait.

-