Chapter 12

"Shes not home."

"But I can see her."

"I said she's not home."

"She's literally standing right behind you."

My father looks behind him and I grin, waving at Tsukishima who's at our door.

"She's not here." My father denies again.

"Can you just give her this then?" Tsukishima sighs, extending a small basket. "Around this time last month she had her period. I thought that I would bring her some snacks, and a few other things."

"She's not here, so I have to refuse." My father says and I pout, tapping on his shoulder.

"Dad, let me have it. Please?" I whine and he frowns, looking at me.

"Oh look, it seems like Yuna-San has come home." Tsukishima's voice comes and I giggle.

"Tsukishibaba, you've come here every day for the past week. Go home. I don't want you to have any part of my daughters life. I'm serious on that." He takes the basket, pushing it into my arms. My eyes widen at that, and I stare at my father in shock.

The entire time Tsukishima has been coming, my father has been calm and polite with him. What's different today?

"And I really like your daughter, so I won't be giving up that easily. I'm serious on that as well." He says. "Oh, by the way Yuna, I have an important game tomorrow. It determines if we get to go to Nationals or not. I'd like if you could be there, I hope your father allows you to come watch. I'll text you the address and time." He turns around, and puts his headphones on.

"See you tomorrow." He walks off.

"What a stubborn little brat." My father mumbles, closing the door.

"Dad, can we please go to the game?" I clutch the basket to my chest, looking at him with hope in my eyes. "Please? I don't go anywhere, and you should come too. And mom! I'll sit between you guys and we can watch it together. I've never seen him play before- and you heard how important it is! Karasuno hasn't been to nationals in a while, or so I heard. Wouldn't it be cool to be part of that? They must be going against a strong team! Let's go watch. Please?" I ramble, my voice desperate as I beg my father.

He gives me a pointed look, but it soon melts when he meets my eyes.

"I'll...I'll think about it." He sighs and I grin, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

"Thanks dad! You're the best!" I squeal, running up to my room.

"I didn't even say yes yet..." He mumbles, watching me run off.

~

"According to this..." My father looks at my phone, "it's right here." He turns into a parking structure.

"Ooh! There's a lot of people." My mother says as we pull into a parking spot. "Sweetie, are you sure you'll be okay?" She asks as we get out the car.

"Mhm!" I nod my head furiously. "I took anti anxieties before we left."

My mother nods and we begin to walk into the big gym. We find seats at the very top of the bleachers so that nobody would be sitting behind us. I bite the insides of my cheeks as I look down at the two teams, warming up before the game starts.

Quickly, the seats fill up. There's not a single one that's not taken.

"Ooh, Tsukishima-Kun looks handsome in his uniform doesn't he?" My mother nudges me and winks.

"Don't encourage it!" My father speaks from the other side of me, making my mother and I laugh.

"Hunny, I think you encouraged it by allowing us to come watch him play." My mother teases, making my father cross his arms.