Chapter 18

Day 2

Tsukishima

"Kei, don't you want to at least go home to shower?" Akiteru asks, handing me a bottle of water. "We've spent all night here."

I insisted on staying overnight, and now it's late afternoon the next day. However, I dont plan on going home until I have to go to school.

"No." I mumble, taking small sips of the water.

Yuna's mother comes down the hall, and I stare at her. Her eyes are red and puffy. She looks tired. We make eye contact, but she looks away immediately and fastens her pace.

"I still haven't told her what happened." I mumble to myself.

Day 3

My eyelids droop down, desperately wanting to close for the next 8 hours or so.

I've barely slept, I want to be awake if something happens.

I grab a notebook out of my bag, beginning to scribble down words.

I see Yuna's father come out the room, and a doctor approaches him. I stop writing, all my attention now on the two older men.

I mimic her father's movements, letting out a breath of relief when he does. That means nothing bad is happening.

At least for now.

Day 4

I still haven't been able to see her, I've resorted to asking the nurses how she's been doing.

At first, they were reluctant to tell me since I wasn't family, but since I've spent so much time here already they decided that it wouldn't hurt.

One even brings me a cup of water and some crackers today as I do my homework.

Day 7

She's still not awake...it's been a week.

I've come everyday- right after practice. I do my homework here now and I don't leave until around 12am.

I miss you. I was able to see you for just a second while I passed your room. I didn't want to stand there for too long out of respect for your parents.

Please wake up soon. I promise I'll let you say it.

Day 14

Practice ended really late today, and I got to the hospital at around 8.

Everything has still been the same, apparently.

I sit in the same seat I have been for the past few weeks, scribbling in the same notebook and doing my homework.

You'll get better...right?

Day 23

Today was boring. Nationals got pushed back again. It feels like we are never going to g-