Chapter 11

Tsukishima and I have gotten very lucky. My father has been working late nights, making up for the work my mother hasn't been in the office to do, and that results in Tsukishima being able to stay at my house longer.

My mother knows he comes over almost daily, but she really doesn't mind. She seems to like him.

But today...I think Tsukishima might die.

"He. Was. In. Our daughters. Room." My father's angry voice can be heard from outside the living room, where Tsukishima and I are standing tensely in the middle of the room.

Today, he came home early. Usually Tsukishima leaves before he arrives, but I guess we were bound to get caught one day.

"But they weren't doing anything, right? So it's fine. Calm down hunny." My mother's voice comes soon after.

"How can you tell me to calm down when I just found my daughter cuddling with a boy?!" His voice raises slightly and my mother begins whispering.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." I whisper, not looking at Tsukishima. Tears spring to my eyes, afraid my father will start yelling at him again.

It's times like this where I start to feel extremely guilty and like I'm just a burden to all people around me.

"It's whatever." He says back, but he sounds annoyed.

He's mad. I should have asked my dad when he was coming home. I should have known. Gosh, I'm so stupid.

I wipe the tears from my face a while later when my parents come back into the room.

"Did you ever touch my daughter?" My father fumes. "Have you guys ever- God I can't even say it." He clenches his fists, glaring at Tsukishima. He stays quiet for a moment before nodding.

"Yes sir." He says quietly and my dad closes his eyes for a second, my mother quickly holding onto one of his arms and desperately whispers something into his ear.

Why did he say yes? He should have said no. Now we  are both going to die.

"Sir, with all your respect I really like your daughter. I would never do anything to harm he-"

"Get out." My father cuts him off. "Get out, now. I don't want to see you step foot into this house ever again."

"Yes sir." Tsukishima slings his backpack over his shoulders and I look away from him, trying to hold back my tears.

After a moment I hear him walk off, and it's not until the door closes that I let the tears start to fall again.

"How stupid could you be?!" My father yells and I know he's talking to me now. I flinch at his raised tone, looking down at my feet.

"Hunny, stop." I hear my mother say.

"I-I'm sorry." I say quietly, my voice shaky.

"God, I raised you better than this! And this is how you repay me? Both of you! Keeping secrets from me in my own home?!" He lets out an exasperated sigh. "You are to never see that boy again."

"But he's my friend!" I look up at him, my eyes widening.

"Friends don't fuck each other, Mei! He's using you!" My father yells, throwing his hands in the air. "Go to your room, I need to think of your punishment."

"I don't care if he's using me!" I storm past him. "He's the only one in my entire life who didn't hurt me or act like I'm the most disgusting thing in the world! And you just ruined that for me."

I run up the stairs, quickly entering my room and locking the door. I walk to my bed, where Tsukishima and I once laid before this mess happened, and bury myself under the covers.