Chapter 23

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

"I haven't been."

"Then what do you call ignoring my texts, calls, having your mother tell me that you're not 'up for visitors' when I come over...?"

"Space"

"Why do you need space?"

"I don't. You do." I say quietly, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"What? Why do you get to decide that?" He asks and I nervously rub my hands together.

"I don't want you to be mad. I want you to be happy. And you got angry the other day, because of me. I made you angry. So I thought that you needed some space." I sigh.

I look down at my hands and he doesn't say anything so I continue.

"I know that dating me is like babysitting. I'm difficult, I cause trouble for everyone. I know it's selfish that I continue to stick around, but I do anyways. Because I want to be with you, Tsukishima. But I want you to be happy. So...so if I don't make you happy-"

"Are you even listening to yourself?" He asks, causing me to tense up.

Tsukishima huffs out a breath, taking off his jacket and laying it on my chair. He lays down on my bed, but not before pulling me up and encasing me in his arms. We lay on our sides and I look up at him in surprise.

"If I didn't want to be around you anymore, I would have left a long time ago. And don't you dare say stupid shit like 'it's selfish that I stick around', ever again. Are you thinking about dying? That's the selfish part. If you weren't around anymore- I'd be going crazy." He sighs heavily. "I know I haven't been the nicest lately, I got into an argument with my brother. It wasn't good. I've been more impatient because of it. I'm sorry love. It won't happen anymore." He says, pulling me closer to him.

"Why do you always apologize after I try to apologize?" I pout, looking up at him.

Just by being in his arms, I feel a lot better.

"You should feel lucky, you're the only person I apologize to." He gives me a tiny smile and I return it.

"But your brother...is everything okay with you two?" I ask and he sighs.

"We'll be fine." He says and I bite my lip.

"Okay." I say quietly before leaning up and pressing a kiss to his lips.

He lets go of me, leaning over and putting his glasses on my nightstand before turning back to me.

"You're so beautiful." He says, getting on top of me. My eyes widen at the sudden movement, and a blush comes over my cheeks at the compliment.

"Y-You are." I mumble and he tilts his head, a small smile on his face.

"You think I'm beautiful?" He asks, chuckling.

"I think you're very attractive." I say quietly. "I-I like how long your hair has gotten too..."

"Oh? I was thinking of getting a haircut tomorrow. Maybe I won't anymore." He grins.

Before I went into a coma, his hair was quite short. Now it's longer and sticks up in different places. It's really cute, I like it.

"If it makes you happy, then cut it." I wrap my arms around him, essentially pulling him down closer.

"All that makes me happy, is you. So I'll keep it like this if you like." He dips down, beginning to place small kisses on my neck.

"T-Tsukishima..." My eyes flutter closed. "D-Don't leave a mark there. My parents will see."