Chaper 4

"I don't look at you like that."

"Yeah, right." I scoff. "I don't want to catch anything from you! Don't talk to me, don't breathe next to me and we'll be fine!" I mimic him.

"Well..." He trails off.

"I'm not a disease, you know." I say quietly, and he goes silent.

"Okay. I did say those things. But that's just because I was upset I had to sit next to you." He says awkwardly and I roll my eyes.

"Gee, thanks." I mumble and I see him stuff his hands in his pockets out of the corner of my eye.

"I didn't mean it like that. It's just because I'm always sitting next to my best friend and so-"

"Goodbye." I cut him off, seeing that we're approaching my house already. I quickly rush off, not giving him the chance to say anything more.

I don't want to talk to him anymore, I hope we don't talk for another week like last time.

That was my last thought yesterday before I ran from Tsukishima. Thankfully, I didn't go to school today since I didn't want to die. I won't possibly talk to him until tomorrow, but hopefully never.

I look at the time and see it's 7:30 pm. It's time for my third shower. I quickly walk to the bathroom, jumping into the shower.

Ding dong

I hear, 15 minutes into it. I frown, continuing to wash the conditioner out my hair. It couldn't be my parents, they don't get off until a bit later. Plus, they have a key. I soap my body and begin to hear taps on my window.

What the hell?

I quickly rinse off, putting on clothes before wrapping my wet hair in a towel and slowly approaching my window. A small pebble suddenly hits it and I flinch. I look through it and make eye contact with the culprit.

I open the window, peeking my head through and staring down at the tall blonde below me.

"Dude, I've been waiting so long. Open the door." He groans and I lock my eyes on to the windowsill.

"Did you need something?" I ask, not wanting him to come into my house.

"What? I can't hear you?" He frowns, putting a hand around his ear.

"What did you need?" I ask a little louder.

"Fuck, Debu! I can't hear shit you're saying." He groans. "But I brought the work you missed today. Geez, open the damn door." He demands.

Frowning, I close my window and quickly brush my hair first before going downstairs. I open the door just slightly, peeking down at his shoes.

"I'm coming in." He says, pushing the door wider and walking in, even slipping his shoes off.

"Y-You don't have to c-come in." I say quietly, but close the door. "What did you say you came here for today?"

"The work you missed. Our teacher asked me to bring it to you." He sighs, and I put some distance between us.

Yesterday, I stayed after school to finish the work for the next couple of days. Sensei knows this, so there's no way she sent him. Or maybe she forgot about that? No...I don't think so.

"Your face looks pretty bad." He comments, and I turn away from him, not saying anything.

Maybe I shouldn't turn away from him. Maybe that's what he's waiting for, and then he'll hit me over the head with a bat or something. I quickly turn around, but it's too late. Tsukishima is right in front of me now. He raises a hand and I quickly grab his wrists, closing my eyes.