20

Hawk's p.o.v

I fix my shoes while simultaneously eating my lunch. Today was that time of that month where I see my dad. That son of a bitch. I did miss that motherfucker, how could I not? He was my father. But he was also a criminal, which is probably what makes up the other side of that double-edged sword.

Numbers no longer become existent to me when waiting for my mother to come. I am convinced that she isn't real. Hate would be a strong way to put how I feel about her, but I wish she was here to see me all grown up and training to be a hero, what a shame.

I am truly alone in this world.

My phone begins to vibrate in a certain pattern which meant someone was calling, I look over to see if it was worth picking it up, and it was.

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon, is this Keigo Takami? We're calling you from the penitentiary center"

"Yes, what happened to my old man?"

"Nothing, we just wanted to let you know that around Christmas time, we're letting a maximum of 3 visitors to see the prisoners. Since your father has been behaving good, we thought this could be the case to bring any family"

"Well isn't it your lucky day, I don't have any family to bring, but thank you for the heads up!"

"A pleasure, goodbye"

The call quickly ends and it receives no reaction from me. At least that means my dad hasn't been causing trouble. But again I have nobody to bring with me. Wait.

Wait a fucking second.

Text message:

Me: dabi pls tell me ur alive :)

D: I guess you could say that

Me: got any plans for today?

D: I was going to watch a movie with my siblings, why?

Me: crap well forget abt it

D: No please tell me what you had in mind I would love to get out of these four walls

Me: well remember when I said u owed me after the finals party? this is that favor

D: How could I forget you idiot

Me: great, meet me in prison

D: what

D: wait

D: Hawks you there? Are you serious? I can't tell if you're joking. It's Tuesday, so does that mean we're visiting your dad?

D: Hawks you jackass answer, fine see you there

A smile lands on my face looking at how quickly Dabi gets frustrated, but I wasn't about to explain everything when I can tell him in person. So I grab my gift bag and head out to the bus which is already in front of the apartment complex for my convenience.

Once I arrive at my destination, my eyes scan for Dabi, who I distinguish immediately by his scars. "Hey!" I call out and he looks at me. He looked so different. Could be because I haven't seen him in something that wasn't the UA uniform. His arms were hugged in a tight long sleeve top, maybe to cover his scars or because it was really cold as fuck. He had added on a band t-shirt to layer the long sleeve, along with black pants and boots that pulled the whole look together so nicely. I hesitate to compliment him since I had teased him plenty in our texts.

"Hawks? why are you looking away?"

"N-None of your business"

"Alright, so what are we doing?"

"Yeah, they told me I could bring a plus two or whatever"

"Thank god I bought a gift"

"You didn't have to do that!"

"It's a nice touch"

After our short but lively conversation, we head into the building that quickly kills that mood. I had already grown used to the heavy and gray atmosphere, but for Dabi, this was all foreign to him. I hope nothing goes wrong.