15

Dabi's p.o.v

I wake up to the loud knocks at my door, and my eyes widen. Shit. Hawks was supposed to come over for a study session. Shit, shit, shit. My room was a complete mess, clothes all over the floor, the books were cluttering my desk, my bed was also chaos. This was a horrible idea.

"Open up! It's me! Hawks!"

"Just a second!"

In a desperate attempt to quickly clean my space, I somehow managed to make it worse. At this point nothing was going my favor, that's when I scratched my head in frustration and I notice I hadn't placed the black hair dye on me. Fuck.

"I'm opening the door!"

"Almost ready!"

I manage to buy more time and I head to my closet where I grab the bottle and apply it to me. My hands are stained in black and the floor now has spots, but there's no time to panic about that, when I rush back to open the door, Hawks had already stepped in and his big red wings were providing a shadow for me.

"Shit.. sorry, I don't have a habit of cleaning my room often"

"What? Why would you say that??"

"The mess.. in my room"

"Nope, I see absolutely no mess here"

He's joking, right? Oh my god. My chest feels heavy and full of embarrassment. Is he trying to make me feel better or something?

"We can move somewhere else, let's go-"

"No we can stay here, I don't have a problem"

My eyes observe him lay down his books on the small table and takes a seat, he makes a gesture for me to sit with him and I follow the male. "Um, Dabi your hands are all stained, everything good?" I gasp at his statement and remember what happened moments prior to this. "Y-Yeah I was doing some work and a pen leaked on me, yup, that's it" I explained in a shaky voice. "Okay? You're being awfully awkward today Dabi" The blonde boy responds and I just chuckle.

We spent the next hours just preparing reviews, asking each other questions, and clearing up any doubts on the materials. I couldn't lie, Hawks was a pretty good student, better than me I have to admit, and I thought he had a load of shit up there, guess I was mistaken.

"Well, I'll get going then!" Hawks smiled at me as he was about to march out my door. "Thank you for coming, good luck" I tell him and he pulls a thumbs up at me. "Yup, also you can invite me over someday to clean this room of yours!" He joked and my face turned red instantly. This idiot, so he was being sarcastic. "Wow, stop being so nervous I was only joking" The male clarified between his laughs and looked at me "I obviously didn't tell you anything because this is your room, nobody should tell you how to live in it". Wow. That was.. so kind of him to say that? Oh my god am I smiling? I'm smiling like a dumbass, but I can't stop. I truly haven't met somebody as nice as him.