26

Dabi's p.o.v

Ever since the argument, I haven't been able to think properly. Keigo was clouding my thoughts and I couldn't get rid of them. School went on and he didn't attend, he wasn't at the dorms either, which meant he was nowhere on campus. Rumi and Jin didn't know anything about his whereabouts which made me burn with concern even more. I just wanted my Keigo to come home, or whatever that was.

"Dabi~ hey any sign of Hawks yet?"

I snap out of my daze as I notice Jin take a seat in front of me in the cafeteria. I shake my head, with a frustrated and sad expression all over my face. I told them we had gotten into a fight, which was probably the reason why he hadn't come back yet.

"Whatever you said must have pissed him off for real, does that mean you guys aren't together anymore?"

I shrug because the truth was I didn't have to answer to that, I was just as clueless as him, and it sucked. Maybe I did deserve it, I was a bitch all this time.

"Let me guess, something about "family" or whatever?"

"How'd you know?"

"Hawks doesn't play around when it comes to fragile things like that"

"I see.."

"But I'm sure it was not big deal!"

"It kinda was.."

"Well, to give you some context, Hawks has always had a hard time accepting his reality, the kid has it tough. I'm sure whatever you two were arguing about, he had good intentions"

"He does but-"

"Dabi, do you have someone to come home to?"

"..Yes, my siblings and my dad"

"Well, for Hawks that's something completely foreign, and I think that's what you need to realize"

The friend was completely right. How could I have made such foolish accusations when he didn't understand the first thing about Hawks's case. I understood at that moment, that my boyfriend was completely isolated from the rest of the world, and I wanted to save him.

"What if I became his home?"

"Huh? what do you mean?"

"I just want him to call me his family, his home, I don't want him to feel alone anymore"

"I think to do that you gotta show him all of you first"

I listening to his words wisely, coming to terms with myself and how I was in the wrong this whole time. I had to make it right quickly or else I was going to lose him. I thank Jin for his advice and head out of the building to look for the boy. I instantly pull out my phone to text him.

Me: Kei? if you're there please say something, I wanna make this right

K: look who texts me after weeks 

Me: Will you just please listen to me?

K: how is this different from all those other times you've told me to listen to you

Me: Kei, I understand now, let's talk this out

He never answered.