16

Hawks p.o.v

Finals week flew by way faster than I had anticipated. Walking in and out of tests, the stress on my shoulders start to fade away. After my last exam, I yawned loudly alongside Rumi and Jin.

"Heyo Hawks, are you going to the pool party tonight? We asked to use it"

"Cool, is everyone invited?"

"Yeah, you can go ahead and tell your boyfriend to go"

"Dabi is just my friend"

He chuckled at Jin's remarks and we made our way out of the school buildings. Speak of Dabi, I haven't seen him often, then again, we had different classes. So I decided to text him and see if he was alright.

Me: dabi dabi

Dabi: ?

Me: How dry, anyways, how were finals

Dabi: good

Me: hey so the class is throwing a pool party tonight to celebrate finals, can i count on you??

Dabi: I don't think I can make it

Me: whatt but it's right here, please tell me u will think about it

Dabi: ttyl, im with my father

Oh. So maybe he left early? I hope he's safe. I remember him telling how his father was a horrible person, shit, I wish I could do something. I don't text him any longer because I'm afraid he'll get annoyed.

Back at the dorms, it's only a few hours left till the party starts, and I find myself wandering around the first floor, that's when the door opens and I see an upset Dabi. I don't think he's looking at me, maybe he is? He's acting more down than usual, and that's a lot, he was almost intimidating me.

"How long do you plan on staring at me?" I hear him say with a cold voice, and he looks up at me, with his ocean blue eyes. "My bad! Uh.. how'd it go with your dad?" I ask flying on to him and proceed to walk beside him.

"I don't wanna talk about it"

"That's cool then..."

"What hour is that pool party again?"

My face lights up at the question. I was excited again in hopes that he was actually going to be there. "It's around 9 ish, but don't worry we can go together if you want!" I suggest politely and we're now stepping into the elevators. "Together...? Are we some sort of couple now?" His words froze me, I didn't know what to say. I mean, I didn't mean it like that? Right? Fuck, how do I fix this? "No, I just mean that-" I continue to speak but he interrupts me to say "I can take care of myself Hawks". His sharp voice pierces through my soul and leaves me speechless. At just that very moment, the elevator doors open and Dabi walks right out of it. He left my sight and my mind went blank.