11: Hide and Seek༄

Start from the beginning

Taehyung had an odd habit of suggesting to play games at seemingly awful times, but somehow they always worked out. Playing categories in the car, now hide and seek in the bitter winter cold, he definitely had a method to his madness.

He popped up next to Eden, nearly making her jump out of her skin. "I found you!"

"How did you find me?" She gasped, slamming her hand over her heart. Taehyung's boxy smile was on full display as he stood up, his hand out for her to grab.

"I saw your foot poking out," he grinned. Eden shook her head and pulled herself up. So much for a foolproof hiding spot.

"Do you know where the others are?"

She nodded, trying to fight the urge to look up at Jimin in the tree. He really looked bored, as if he didn't think Taehyung could find him in a million years. Jungkook had managed to blend in with the shadows under the car, making him impossible to see.

"Not everything is in plain sight," Jin called from his seat on the porch. He took a sip of his tea and raised his eyebrow. "Some things take a little more effort."

Taehyung squinted his eyes, twisting his mouth and putting his fingers on his chin in thought. After a second, he clapped his hands together with a grin and looked up, making direct eye contact with Jimin in the tree. "Found you!"

Eden turned to see Jimin laughing, making his way down the tree carefully. He dangled off the lowest branch for a second before dropping to the ground gracefully. "Took you long enough," he laughed. "Eden found me straightaway."

The silver haired man landed a playful punch on the other's shoulder. "That's not fair," he whined. "You can't use your training against me."

Jimin shrugged. "All's fair in war."

"This is hide and seek."

"Same thing."

"Aren't we forgetting someone," Eden asked, her eyebrows arched.

Taehyungs's eyes widened as he remembered Jungkook was still hiding. "Oh no," he groaned. "I forgot about him."

"I guess you lost this game," Jimin grinned.

"I refuse to give up. He's around here somewhere. I feel him."

Jimin gave Eden a smirk as Taehyung looked around the space near them. The two watched as he checked everywhere except the one spot he should've. He peered behind bushes, up in trees, inside the car— even under Hoseok's daybed. He gave the area around the car another once over with a pout, looking like he was about to give up. Just as he was about to speak, Jungkook reached out and grabbed his ankle, emitting a scream from the poor boy.

Taehyung leapt halfway across the parking space as Jungkook laughed, crawling out from under the car with a grin. "I win," he declared, ignoring Taehyung's near death.

"You gave me a heart attack," Taehyung whined. He reached over and hit Jungkook's shoulder, his voice still shaky beyond belief. "When did you even get there?"

"Since the game started." His grin never left his face. "I guess it's my turn to seek now?"

With an affirming nod, Jungkook turned around and covered his eyes, loudly counting down from 20. They scurried off again, and this time Eden ran down the stone path and into the garden. Once she reached the clearing, she looked around for a spot to hide. She didn't doubt Jungkook would come down here, and as much as hiding in plain sight works, it wouldn't for him.