Chapter 24: The truth

Reader's pov

I was in disbelief, does Lady Cartoon really want me to be one of them? A monster..

I looked at Christian but she was gone, I started whispering her name but no answer.

You were all alone now, you were confused and scared at the same time. You just had no one..

I started looking back at the creatures and it looks like she calmed down and her jaw grew to it's normal size.

"Alright, as I was saying. We have to turn her into our kind, just so were clear. I have a plan just to give her what she needed.. "

I stepped back kinda loud but the others heard my little step, they growled and then lady cartoon told them to search for the intruder.

As they were told, they searched deep in the mall. I then ran away really quick, I tried to run as my legs can carry me. I ran to the hotel, got the money that I had before I was abducted.

I bought a room and they told me to wait there, I waited for her to return with the keys. I heard the same theme song from the abandoned mall, I turned and saw blood. Blood was everywhere and just behind me, I heard him...

" Why did you leave me toots.. " He looked very furious, he knew I were in the abandoned mall. HE tried to grab me but I sprayed him with the pepper spray that I had, I ran into the room from where the lady was headed. I grabbed a key and headed down to the hall towards the room I was supposed to go.

' Why must it be me? Why am I living in this hell! ' I thought, tears streamed down my cheeks and I dashed forward towards the room, I unlocked the room and hid in there.

All I heard form the other end was the same jukebox music that was played.

I pushed the little closet that was sitting in the middle of the room, I saw cartoon cat's fist pierce through the door. I struggled to stand still but I collapsed and crawled into the blanket, 20 seconds later of cartoon cat pounding on the door. All I heard was the door getting knocked down, I covered my mouth so he couldn't hear my breathing.

( Cartoon cat's pov )

I searched for y/n, she was really scared. But I didn't care, lady cartoon just wanted her to become one of us. She cared about y/n more than I do, she just didn't want her to be seen as a freak. I understood her as much, after all. I am kinda close with lady cartoon, I then lifted up the beds but all I heard was a shriek.

" Come out Y/n! Lady cartoon is waiting for you~ " I then smiled and laughed

" Playing hide and seek is fun and all, but I think it's time for you to come out and become a monster like us. "

My sclera was red and my pupil was thinned. Before I knew it, I heard crying.

It came from the blankets, I jerked off the blanket and there was y/n. She was scared and sad, she backed away from me and then shouted.

" WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO BECOME A MONSTER, DON'T DO WHAT SHE SAYS! "She exclaimed, it was heartbreaking for her to say that but I had some feelings that were strong enough.

I told her the reason why Lady cartoon why she wants y/n to become a monster

" Look y/n, Lady cartoon wants you to become a monster is because she is worried about you. "

Y/n was confused of what I meant.

" Lady cartoon knew that you would be called liar or freak because you're hanging out with us, she was afraid of you being depressed. She wants you to be secured and safe.. "

I said calmly, y/n looked like she understood but still confused

" How does she know that I will become depressed and just being called a liar just because I am hanging out with you guys? " I got a little worried cuz lady cartoon told me not to share her little story but I told y/n anyway.

" As you remembered I locked you away from other people, she was like you but was banished from her world.. She was alone and scared because she knew she would always be named called, this is why she doesn't want you to become like her.. " I then saw a sad expression on her face, she then took my hand and led me to the abandoned mall

{ Lady cartoon's pov }

As I was waiting, I saw y/n and cartoon cat walking in. To my surprise, they were holding hands.

I welcomed them and all I had in response was y/n's sad face.

all I only felt was y/n hugging me, she just buried her face into my shoulder and just said this..

" I'm so sorry you had to go through that.. " I felt a tear stream down my cheek and I hugged her back.

Cartoon cat must've told her the truth why I wanted her to become a monster.

but that didn't matter, I just wanted y/n to be safe...She just reminded me of floof, I wanted to protect y/n from whatever comes her way.