Finding Gura and a Bird?

Începe de la început

"Do you want me to ruin that face of yours and shove that magnifying glass you're always carrying around up from mouth to your brain to see how small it is? if not, hurry up and move out of my way."

So I did exactly what told me and excused myself. They walked up to the spot I was before and saw a little girl with white hair and blue highlights trap in a net. The tail was wrapped by hands. She was naked and in the fetus position.

"What a beautiful specimen."

"I agree with you boss."

"She is in that 14 to 15 range in human terms. I won't be surprised if she's way older than that."

Their boss spoke.

"You two, pick her up, and carry her to the surgical department. I wonder what secrets can be found in the thing."

*hic* What?

""YES SIR""

Before the two boys made their step towards her, I snuck up behind them. I injected the two of the Watson Concoction syringes into both of the necks simultaneously and both of them fell to the floor, which was the deck we were on.

"Hmm. Looks like you cross the line, self-proclaimed world's number 1 detective. You know you aren't going to recover from this."

"Knowing what your department can do to me, I'm well aware. I was planning to retire anyway. *hic* by the way, tell your mom I'm going on a vacation, this one permanent. I don't want her to miss me indefinitely now."

Oh boy, the look he gave me, you don't wanna know. I was planning on him going swimming with the fishes but he looked like he wanted to put me six feet under.

Knowing that I will win in this circumstance, going back in time doesn't change the order of events. They will still send their disposable men after Amelia Waston. Me.

"I KILL YOU FOR DOING THAT!!!"

Before he could pull out his gun, snuck up behind him, not to step on the girl who was still cute. I wrap my stethoscope around his neck and he drops his gun because of the lack of air going to his lungs. Breathing is important.

"Hnnnhhh"

He struggled to catch his breath and I was waiting for him to lose consciousness.

"Hnn..."

Well...

"..."

"Well then... bye. Don't wake up too soon."

*splash*

"Now then..."

"mmm..." the baby shark said.

"I'll make sure no one hurts you. I don't know what it is, but it feels like I have some connection to you. It could be love or friendship. I hope in the future we cherish whatever bond we have."

***

"...and that's how I found you."

I was back home from "work". At our house in Holo-city. Gura and I were watching a movie like we do every Friday night. I was telling her the story of how I became her guardian, and where I found her.

"That's really cool Ame. You took out all those guys all by yourself?"

"When you play enough FPS games like me, the techniques translate to real life."

"That's one hundred percent gotta be a lie."

"It's one hundred percent true."

"A..."

Gura is thankfully suffering from "blissful ignorance". So whenever I say something she finds it hard to believe, she searches her limited memory to prove what I say is true or false. She could just search the internet to prove what I say is true or not but she just...

*staaaaaaaaarrrrrrrreeeeeeee*

...stares into my soul, till I finally give in.

"Yeah, it was a lie."

"I KNEW IT!!!"

"You're so smart, Gura."

I slowly got up from the couch where I and Gura were sitting.

"I'm going to take a bath, wanna come?"

Gura said blushing,

"Why would you even ask that?"

"Thought so."

I went upstairs to the bathroom and when I was about to enter, bright light within the bathroom escaped through the corners of the door. Not only that, I just realized a smell, a smell of ashes coming from within it. I opened the door and I was shocked. I noticed a woman far older than me, lying in the tub. Her hair was swaying like flames, both literally and figuratively, orange hair at that. For some strange reason, she was wearing some kind of uniform, not the type you see people earn a lot of money from. They are hats on her head. Two hats.

Why two hats?

"Mmm..."

Sounds like she's just waking up. Gura also came upstairs to the place I was standing.

"Ame. About that request earlier."

"Pi pi pi"

Gura was also shocked just as much as I was.

"Wow. Who's that?"

"I'm just as shocked as you are, Gura."

"Pi pi pi"

"Why is she saying that? Is she some kind of bird?"

"Gura, you don't know anything about this?"

"No."

"..."

"I swear!!!"

"I don't believe you for a second."

"I'm being honest... All I remember is that... ohhh... ahhh... I remember now. While I was cleaning the house. I spotted ashes in the backyard. So, I cleaned it and decided to wash down the bath but it won't go down. I forgot about it. I'm so sorry."

I looked at her for a couple of seconds and...

"Guuuuurrrrraaaaaaa"

"Ammmmeeeeeee, wwwhhyyy aaaarrreee yyyyyyoooooouuuuuu shaaaaaaaakinnnnnnggg meeeeeee"

"The bath isn't a bin, we went over this."

"IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'mmmmmmm soooooowwwwwwwwyyyyy"

The nauseated Gura fell to the floor with eyes going in circles.

"Pi pi pi"

A bird-noise-making woman with orange hair and two hats, and a Dumb Dumb Shark. What am I going to do with these two?

"Ashes in the backyard huh? How did it get there? I feel I heard the ashes part somewhere, but where?"

I think my title is losing its meaning. I really should get my watch fixed soon.