Sweet Dreams

"Please. Please. I beg."

***

Calli and I were on our long-awaited date. I can't seem to see what I was wearing, but I hope I look good enough. I waited a long time for this moment. I don't wanna mess this up.

We were sitting outside a café enjoying the sweet delights and refreshing juices. Calli was sitting opposite to me, happily talking with her cute face. Her words were muffled but also not making a sound. Hmm. How do I explain this? It's like, you know they are talking, but for whatever reason, that thing they're saying is inaudible to you. Yeah, something like that. Also, do you know what else? For the first time in forever, Calli had all her guards today. For the first time in forever, I think I can finally do it. The time was right, the moment was right, the weather was perfect. Isn't this the kinda place you want to cherish forever, or is it just me? It was perfect as it can be, and I don't want it any other way.

I can't seem to see any further beyond my surroundings. Everywhere beyond this café was plain white. In the space, Calli, the shop and I are present. Nothing further out existed. I was bewildered by our surroundings and how we got here in the first place. Calli was still talking to me, not paying any mind to my amazement. While I was still looking around, Calli poutingly had enough of me ignoring her.

"Ehhh-Hemm, Baby, Kiara Sweetie? Are you seriously ignoring me on our date?"

I was flustered by the speech she was using. It was way more girly-er than her usual self. On the Guhhh scale, if her usual self was 1, this would have been a SasuGUH. What I am saying is its way above 100. It was that different from her usual self, I felt spoiled a bit. I was the one used to being in her position, now, I feel our roles have been reversed. A serious wave of responsibility came over my body, almost forcing my old self into hiding. So much responsibility, in fact, I didn't know how to respond.

"Baby Kiara? Are you just gonna look at me with a blank face? It's like you've seen a ghost. Here, do you want some water?"

"Ummm. Thanks."

This is practically an easy mode for me. If I fail this, I don't know how to feel afterwards.

She poured some water into my glass. With a smile on her face, she slightly leaned over the table.

Wow, I said in my mind. The details on her face were more beautiful than before. Strands of hair fell from her head, then the light from the sun shined through it to her face, highlighting the makeup and her pale complexion. The unrealistic beauty she has is making me feel a tad bit jealous. My looks were good. I look very beautiful myself, but I don't know if I had the unrealistic beauty she possessed.

Calli fell back into her seat looking happy and blushing a bit, looking like a teenager on her first date.

"Calli, I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be right back okay?"

"Sure. Okay, sweetie. Don't take too long."

I got up from the table and headed into the café. When I reached inside, I speed walked to the bathroom.

***

"What, what was that? This is, she is, acting so weird."

I was sitting in one of the bathroom stalls, holding my face which had a mysterious expression. In a mysterious pocket, I didn't know that I had, I took out a small box I got from the jewellery store. Looking inside, I saw my options of passing this on or not. Looking at this now, I feel conflicted about my options that were so simple.