SideStory-SameTori

"Gura-senpai, would you mind telling me the colour of your panties?"

I was baffled. Straight up bamboozled. Kiara from the next class just asked me the 'what' question. This is what I get for not being on my guard? I took the liberty of coming to the back of the school because she said she had something very important to tell me. But it looks like the rumours were true. This girl has the tendency of saying things of the 'bottom-left' nature. I thought they meant she wasn't smart enough but I was wrong, and now, I'm experiencing it first hand.

"Hmm... Could you say that again?"

Maybe I was mishearing things.

"Could you...you know...please, please don't make me say it again. It's embarrassing."

She wasn't joking.

You know, I thought she wanted to confess to me, but unluckily for me, this one though caught me completely off guard. Completely left field.

It was autumn, we're new to this school and early in our teenage years. Dead leaves were falling from the trees. She should have chosen to do this in spring when the cherry blossoms were still on the trees. This moment would have been semi-romantic. Now this season is my mood. Made up of dark colours and a depressing atmosphere.

"Why do you want to know my 'special' colour? Aren't you already in a relationship with Calli?"

"Calli?, Who's Calli?"

Surely not.

"You didn't die over the weekend did you?"

"Well...I did have this strange dream of sneaking into a house and doing something with my lips to, supposably, wake up somebody. I don't really know the person that much or at all really. The next thing I know is waking up in the nurse's office."

I understand the rumours very well now. A top tier bottom left birb, indeed.

"So Gura-senpai, about my confession..."

"Imma have to decline."

"So you are not going to be my girlfriend?"

Girlfriend?

"Girlfriend? Do you have any idea what you asked me earlier?"

"'Gura, can you be my girlfriend', right?"

Guess I have to set it straight. Oh my God. My face feels weird.

"Kiara, you asked me, to, to do the thing. The colour. What I wear. The colour. What do the other girls call it? 'One of the maiden colours?', 'The truth that will never be heard by the boys?', 'The wind plays for the boy's team and not the girls?'. You know, the area?"

After exhausting every option I had, hinting at the thing said. Kiara figured out what I was talking about.

"WHATTT???!!!"

What's with that look? You should pay more attention to what you say, you chicken.

"Gura-senpai, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it. I swear."

She escaped to hide behind a nearby tree. The horror was seeping in her brain. She crouches down, weeping at the mistake she made. I went to console her, there was no time I brought my attitude with me. I only need to seek and resolve this misunderstanding.

"Don't worry. I'm not angry anymore, see?"

I flashed my cutest smile. The smile I use to make people not worry about what they did wrong. I am not here to mess up the mood for anybody, I only want to brighten it.