Chapter 66. Season's greetings

This Christmas, I would love for the person reading this to be happy, healthy, safe, loved, and have all their wishes come true in 2021.

Theo's P.O.V

Hi guys, this is my Christmas gift to all you guys. Enjoy reading and please leave a comment.

It was finally the weekend. Zane and I were happy that we wouldn't have to get up at six a.m. in the morning. I was in a deep sleep when I sensed Asa in our room. The little boy never came into our room on his own accord. Asa carefully climbed on our bed, then took a seat. He crossed his legs, then pondered about something while looking at the wall. I tried to sense why Asa was so disturbed. I smiled when I found out what was going on in his mind. I waited till Zane noticed Asa. Asa was a toddler now. We should have had another child already, but Zane was scared. He didn't want Asa to feel left out.

I groaned when Zane frantically patted my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes while thinking that I should have evaded this situation. Zane grinned at me, then uttered, "Look, Theo. Asa finally came to see us." I yawned while leaning against the headboard. Asa turned around to face us when he noticed that we were awake. He smiled, then greeted us with, "Good morning, daddy. Good morning, papa." Zane wanted to pull Asa into his arms, but I stopped him from doing so. "Give him some time to explain why he's here," I said to Zane through our mind link. Zane nodded at me. Asa sighed while fiddling with our bedsheet. He took a deep breath then uttered, "Grandma told us yesterday that Christmas is the time to make the people who have done countless things for you happy. Grandma Irena, grandpa William, grandpa Kass, and grandpa Herac spend time with me every day even if I don't talk much. They take their time to understand me and to make me happy. I want to give something back to them. I'm too little to do anything by myself, so I need your help, papa."

I shook my head when I saw tears rolling down Zane's cheek. Zane hadn't realized yet that our son was the happiest boy in the world. Zane opened his arms, then uttered, "Come here, Asa." Asa carefully crawled towards his father. Zane hugged Asa tightly, then asked him, "Do you have any idea what you want to do to make your grandparents happy, Asa?" Asa nodded, then uttered, "Yes, papa. I want my grandparents to have the most joyous Christmas of their lives. It should be somewhere with a lot of snow, Christmas trees, and lights." I placed a kiss on Asa's head, then uttered, "It looks like we will be visiting Durango, Colorado this Christmas, Asa. The town has wonderful activities this time of year. We should talk to your uncles and aunt before making any plans. Let's go see the rest of the family after breakfast." Asa gasped then yelled, "Don't forget that this should be a surprise to our grandparents, daddy!"

It was the first time that I had heard Asa raise his voice. I chuckled while biting Asa softly on the cheek. Asa giggled with glee. "Don't worry, Asa. Viper and I will make sure that your grandparents don't find out what we are planning," I said to my son while getting out of bed. Zane and I bathed Asa, then had breakfast with him. Asa did everything at his own pace. It was almost eleven o'clock by the time he was ready to leave the house. Zane and I grabbed his hands, then walked to Zeus's house with him. I could hear the commotion from outside the residence. Zeus was roughhousing with Daria and Verrine. He opened the door when he sensed us, then uttered, "We are not religious people. Keep on walking." Zane burst out laughing, then said, "That's a good one, Zeus. Tell that to your parents when they come by next time." Zeus winced while reminiscing about our parents. Verrine and Daria peeked their heads from behind Zeus suddenly, then yelled, "Good morning, Asa. Good morning, uncle Theo. Good morning, uncle Zane!"