Chapter 42. An intruder Part 1

Zeus's P.O.V

Ian and I went to have dinner with his parents after the whole ordeal with the Magnus family was settled. I realized during dinner that I wasn't very fond of my in-laws. My in-laws kept talking about how they were planning to build a children's room at their house. I was happy about it, but Ian's family's residence was not safe to house our children. My unborn son and daughter would destroy their mansion in a flash. My children needed to live at my parent's estate. My parents had created powerful barriers around the estate to keep everyone's powers under control. And warriors were continuously guarding the place like it was their life.

I wanted to yell, "Quit your yapping!" when Ian's mother couldn't stop babbling about the beautiful curtains that she had ordered for the children's room. I knew that she was happy that her family was growing, but sheesh, the woman was driving me crazy. I blocked her out then started playing rap songs in my head. Leloth and I always enjoyed the words that the rappers formed. I asked myself if they had a dictionary that I didn't know about because most of their terms were unknown to me. My loyal companion and I started dancing to the beats after a while. I only realized what I was doing when I noticed everyone staring at me.

I wanted to burst out laughing but I restrained myself. I just sheepishly smiled at my mate before grabbing a drink to keep myself engaged. I sighed in relief when I heard Ian say in determination, "My children can't stay here, mom, and that is final. If you two are so eager to be in their lives, then you're welcome to move in with us. My in-laws are planning to build luxurious granny flats for all of you." I chuckled when I saw Ian's mother wince. She probably thought that she was too young to be called a granny.

Ian's father sighed suddenly then uttered, "I guess that we have no other choice than to visit you all often then." Ian and I went to the mansion after finishing our dinner. One of Ian's men came to ask for his assistance as soon as we arrived. I decided to take a shower after Ian had left. I went to bed straight after checking up on things in the underworld.

I noticed Ian's presence next to me after a while. I pulled my mate closer to me then placed a kiss on the back of his neck. Ian chuckled while lacing his fingers together with mine, then fell asleep. I woke up in the morning when I felt someone blowing hot air into my face. I growled when I heard the flapping of Gigi's wings. I yelled, "Finish her, Leloth!" while opening my eyes. Leloth immediately tackled Gigi. Hera burst out laughing when Gigi burned Leloth's paw.

Leloth growled, menacingly while circling Gigi. The little dragon hissed at Leloth, then tried to attack him. Leloth jumped over Gigi then tried to pin her down. Hera and I looked in amusement at our pets when they started snapping at each other. Hera and Leloth loved playfighting each other. They were like best friends who liked each other but at the same time couldn't stand each other. I sighed while picking up Leloth. I smiled when Leloth purred in my arms. Hera also picked up Gigi. The dragon instantly turned into a little girl in her arms. Gigi growled cutely at me when she heard me say, "Ah, there is Gigi, my cute little Ga Ga girl." Gigi hated it when I used her nickname.

Hera ruffled Gigi's long blond hair then said to me, "You should be careful about what you say in front of Gigi, Zeusypooh. She defeated an elder dragon all by herself yesterday." I placed a kiss on Leloth's head, then uttered: "Gigi can defeat whoever she wants, Hera because she will never be as cute and cuddly as Leloth no matter what she does." Hera and I started bragging about our pets after that. I then suddenly realized that it was too early in the morning for Hera to visit me. Hera looked in horror at me suddenly, then yelled: "I forgot to tell you why I came to visit you today, Zeusypooh!" My heart skipped a beat when I heard her add, "Papa and dad want to see you before dinner tonight. They want to talk to you about something."