Chapter 57. A ghost of the past and future Part 3

Segen's picture above

Hi guys, I apologize for not replying to your comments. Things have been pretty hectic on my side. I had a visitor and I have been busy with work. I promise to reply to all your comments as soon as I have the time. Enjoy reading the chapter.

Victor's P.O.V

Iblis allowed me to leave the hospital the next day. My parents, my in-laws, my husband, and children stayed with me the whole time. My father, Kasadya, kept telling me stories about his adventures to keep me entertained. He stroked my head while I was asleep. It was like I was back to being a two year old. I slept for two days straight after returning home. Irena and William started teaching me how to handle a baby after I recovered. I was proud of Neziah. He made sure that his little brother didn't feel lonely. The whole family visited me from time to time to see how I was doing.

I was surprised when my grandfather Maximus showed up at my doorstep with gifts for the boys. I could sense that he was overwhelmed by my bond with my in-laws. My grandfather had never shown interest in me despite promising me to make an effort. I didn't blame him because he had Gisselle to look after. I had received enough love from my parents and my in-laws to mold myself into a strong man. I sighed in relief after my grandfather left. William put his hand on my shoulder, then asked me, "Are you okay, Vic?" I smiled at my father-in-law, then replied to him with, "Yes, father. I'm alright."

Segen suddenly started to cry. I quickly went to see what he needed. I chuckled when I heard Irena say, "He probably felt suffocated by his grandfather just now, William." Irena had read my emotions correctly. I felt smothered by my grandfather. He was never around when I needed him. So he tried to make amends by showing too much affection whenever he saw me. I didn't care about my grandfather anymore. I didn't expect anything from him either. I was the leader of the Bloodstone clan now. I was going to make sure that I didn't replicate his mistakes. I smiled when I heard William respond to Irena with, "Don't worry, Irena. Victor has the right people by his side. He will make us proud when he takes over the throne."

I was going to thank Irena and William later for always supporting me. Segen looked at me with his eyes full of tears, then started crying again. I could instantly sense that he needed a diaper change. I picked him up, then brought him to the changing table. Neziah peeked his head into the room suddenly, then asked me, "What's wrong with, baby Loreto, papa?" I shook my head when I heard Neziah call his little brother, baby Loreto. It seemed like Neziah had picked up a very troubling trait from his uncle Zeus. "Why do you prefer to call your little brother, Loreto, Neziah?" I asked my son.

Neziah chuckled, then responded to me with, "Because he's a marvel, papa. Look at his angelic eyes." I placed a kiss on Neziah's head, then said to him, "You are the best big brother in the world, Neziah." Neziah squealed, then ran downstairs when he heard his father come in. "You truly are a marvel," I said to Segen while changing his diaper. Segen began cooing happily. I put everything away after changing my son's diaper, then brought him downstairs with me. Keagan was busy cuddling Neziah in the kitchen by the time I reached the first floor. He placed a kiss on Neziah's head, then put him on his father's lap. He then asked me while walking towards me, "And how was your day today, Vic. Did our sons give you trouble?"