Chapter 45. The grandparents

Theo's P.O.V

I had been feeling uneasy for the whole week. I was irritated because of all the bad things that had been happening to the family. Zane's parents were out of the picture now. His brothers were finally doing their best to get their lives back on track. I didn't have to worry about the Magnus family anymore because Zane's brothers didn't have the energy to rebel. But my warriors were still there to take actions against them if they ever slipped up.

I had asked my men to look into Gisselle's previous clan members. I had a feeling that not all of them had joined Victor's clan. I could sense that Gisselle was up to something, and that is why I wasn't surprised when my father Heracles attacked her. My parents handled Gisselle perfectly. I would have killed her if I was in my father's shoes, but it wasn't my fight. I thought that Victor would finally get a chance to breathe in peace after Gisselle was out of the picture, but I was wrong. I had forgotten that we still needed to deal with Neziah's so-called grandparents.

The day to face them had finally arrived. I decided to have breakfast with my parents before leaving for work. Zane had a busy schedule that day, so he left early. Everyone had already started eating by the time I arrived at the mansion. Keagan's parents were also present at the table. They were busy discussing matters with my parents. I took a seat after greeting everyone. Neziah then suddenly walked up to me and asked me, "How are you, uncle Theo?"

I pulled the little boy onto my lap, then replied to him with, "I'm fine, Neziah. Thank you for asking. What are your plans for today?" I instantly looked into my parent's direction when I heard Neziah say, "I'm going to visit uncle Zane's office with grandma and grandpa today. Grandpa Kass and grandpa Herac will also be joining us." I frowned while looking at my father, Kasadya, then asked him, "Are you sure that it's wise to take Neziah along with you, papa?"

My father, Kasadya, chuckled then answered my question with, "Of course it is, Theo. Neziah should know why not to believe nonsense like this in the future. He should also know what his grandparents can do for him." I sighed while looking at my father, Heracles. My father, Heracles, smiled broadly at me then uttered: "Don't worry, Theo, we know what we are doing. The Clifford's should see with their own eyes why Neziah can never be their grandchild. They can accuse us of fabricating a DNA test, but they can't deny the fact that the boy doesn't have an ounce of their blood coursing through his veins."

I hugged Neziah tightly, then said, "Okay, dad. I will be at the meeting to support Neziah." Neziah looked in shock at me. He was probably astonished by the fact that I had chosen to stand by him and not my parents. Zeus then suddenly asked Neziah, "Aren't you glad that a big bad wolf will be protecting you during the meeting, Neziah?" Neziah nodded happily at Zeus, then replied to him with, "Yes, uncle Zeus. I feel special." Keagan then called Neziah over and asked him to finish his breakfast. The little boy quickly finished his meal when he heard that it was already time for him to get ready for the meeting.

I went to the law firm after making some arrangements with my men. My wolf Cy was feeling agitated once again. It was because he wanted to kill the people who were attempting to take Neziah away from us. My parents would never allow that because this was their fight and not mine. I tried to calm Cy down before walking into the building. I couldn't wait for my internship to end. I would be a father soon. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with my family before taking over my title. Our parents had raised us well, and I wanted to do the same for my kids.

Mr. Zander called me into his office as soon as I reported for duty. He asked me to attend a short meeting with him, and I did. I was glad when the meeting was finally over. It was almost time for my parents to arrive with Neziah. So I asked Mr. Zander if I could leave his office for a moment. I walked straight to the elevator when I got permission from him. A man and a woman were already in the elevator when it stopped on our floor. I could instantly sense that they were Alexa's parents.