Prologue

2: 43 PM

December 2, 2012

Narrarator

"The contract clearly states that at least one member of the band One Direction is single until the expiration of our contract," one of the many faces in suits said to the two boys, a contract in the her hand. The boys reactions were the same, shocked, angry, and worried most of all. "And your other mates have been dating their girlfriends for quite some time now ... so we decided to come to you two with this little problem," she explained, and the boys didn't reply, they were to busy with their thoughts.

The blonde one, Niall, was thinking about a girl just as the boy next to was; only the brunette was thinking of a different girl. The girls were the reason they there and yet the two boys weren't anrgy at them. They were angry at their managers and themselves for signing on such an unfair contract. 

"So you're telling us that we need to stop seeing them?" the blonde asked, the first to speak up out of the two. The women shook her head, leaning back in her chair and inspecting the boys. 

"No, we can't do that ... we're simply asking one of you to end your relationships," she replied smoothly, as if she was deciding what type of tea she choosing to have with brunch. The boys had their eyebrows set into a line, a deep V appearing onto their foreheads. "That's for you two to choose," the muttered, glancing down at her computer screen. 

"Choose what?" the brunette asked, his voice shaky with anger. His hands were balled up into fists and the blonde would've normally tried to calm him down, but the situation at hand had his upmost attention. The girl raised an eye, as if the question was unclearly stated. "I asked what we get to choose?" he repeated and a smile appeared on the girl's lips as if she got joy in seeing the boys sweat. 

"You get to choose who's the odd the one out," she replied, rubbing the polish on her right index finger with her middle. The answer didn't ring a bell in the two boys though, and their manager cursed under her breath. "I'm saying that you two have to figure out who gets to stay with whom," she rephrased, her breath determing that she wasn't done yet, "and who gets to be the bachelor." 

The two exchanged a look. They didn't want to have to say who had to end their relationships; hell, they didn't even want to tell each other that the other to do anything.  "Isn't that your job?" the curly haired one asked, setting his attention back onto the women. 

"Believe me ... I've discussed this situation with the rest of Modest and they agree with me. They think that you should be the ones handling this," she replied, looking at the blonde. "Although I can say they favor Juliette more than Blue," she admitted, causing the boy with curly hair to redden further. "You have two weeks to figure this mess out ok?" she stated in a form of a question, getting little more than a nod of the head from the two bandmates. "Lovely, you're excused then," she muttered, but the stays stayed put. "I said you can leave now," she said, ennounciating the words as if the two were children. 

Once the two got up, they walked over to the door, avoiding each others eyes. The two of them barely fought before, and they thought they'd never have to. 

They say all is fair in love and war, and this case called for both.

A/N ~ New fan fic! This was Luce's idea but she didn't want to post another story so she let me write it! I'm so excited for this one and I hope you are to! And the whole one boy has to be single is a legit thing in the Modest Management contract so don't worry Niall girls, Niall can't be dating Amy if it's real because Haylor's pretty legit now ... You know what I don't want all my comments to be shippings now so I'm stop and just say this. I'm happy for all the fans and whatnot and I hope you enjoy this story :)

xoxo

Melanie