(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟗) mary's confession

ابدأ من البداية

"You're doing Athena?" James frowned before Remus jumped up in embarrassment,

"No of course I'm bloody not" Remus snapped,

"He was drunk" Athena explained, "tried to get him to bed but he um—"

"Tried to sleep with you?" Sirius asked,

"No!" Remus yelled again,

"He pulled me down with him so I just... stayed"

"Oh" James muttered as he looked to Athena in disappointment. James knew how much Athena liked Remus, he could also see that Remus' behaviour suggested that he was extremely against this entire predicament.

"So no... doing?" Sirius asked again causing Remus to hit him in the back of the head,
"No" Athena laughed, "we're fully dressed you dickhead"

"That's true" Sirius shrugged, "sleep next to James and you'll have the whole crew"

"Peter exists" Athena pointed out.

"Well he won't be sleeping with any girls except Flora" James continued wisely, "it's only fair...she's saving herself for marriage you see"

James and Sirius burst out into laughter and Athena threw one of the cushions at them rather harshly.

"There's nothing wrong with that" Athena snapped, "she can do whatever she wants to"

"Of course she can" James rolled her eyes, "I'm just messing around, anyway so you want us to leave you guys to—"

"No" Remus snapped again as he walked out of the dorm room in frustration.

"That was bad wasn't it?" Athena asked James who was looking at her in sympathy.

"Well it wasn't great" Sirius mused, "wait... wait... wait"

"Yes I like him Sirius catch up" Athena rolled her eyes.

"He's angry at us not you" James pointed out, "we were being prats... sorry"

"It's alright, I found it funny... he obviously couldn't think of anything worse then people assuming we were together"

"Don't beat yourself up" Sirius sighed as he helped her up off the bed, "he's a hungover werewolf, sometimes he doesn't say what he means"

"Yeah I've noticed" Athena sighed darkly.

☽☽☽

After getting changed in her own dormitory, Athena spent most of Sunday sitting in the Gryffindor common room with the group. Kennedy wasn't there as she was spending some time with Regulus.

Marlene was telling everyone stories of last night as she seemed to remember a lot more than anyone else. Lily hadn't been drunk but she was awfully quiet at the moment. She kept drinking a bottle of water to keep her preoccupied while randomly smiling to herself when she thought no one was watching.

Remus was in a better mood. He didn't talk about that morning but he acted like nothing had changed. Athena sat next to him casually as she talked about how he had acted the previous night while drunk.