(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟏) come back to me

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA OPENED THE FRONT DOOR AND TOOK HER HEELS OFF straight away. She wondered how Dorcas had worn them constantly. Then again Dorcas always looked better than she did, maybe Athena was doing something wrong.

She took off her blazer and pulled on one of Remus' jumpers over her shirt. She'd left his jumper lying on the sofa as she'd fallen asleep on it pretending that he was still with her. As she walked through the house, she noticed a small note left on the coffee table.

You know where to find me

R

Athena's heart started beating faster than ever. He'd been here, he'd been back and Athena had been out. After spending her entire week at home he had chosen this one day to return. She stared at the words and wondered why he had to be so cryptic.

Did this mean that he wanted to see her? Did this mean that one part of her nightmare was coming to an end. Athena pulled the jumper tighter around her as she shoved some boots onto her feet. Athena had been craving seeing him again so badly that it hurt. She needed him now more than ever.

You know where to find me

Athena looked at the words a few more times. There was a number of places that Remus would go, a number of places that meant a lot to the both of them. Places that they had shared memories, secrets and promises. However there was only one that stood out among the rest.

Athena did know where to find him.

She turned on her heel and apperated, not wanting to have to walk all the way up there. Athena was afraid that if she wasted time she would lose this chance. She worried that he'd already be gone by the time she got there and she couldn't cope with that.

The sky was dark by now and the wind was heavier up on the hill. Athena saw the lake first before anything else, it reflected the clouds and rippled in the gales. It looked as though it was going to rain and Athena wondered whether this couldn't be done inside instead.

She turned around hastily as the uneasy sensation of apparition left her. Her eyes met his immediately and her heart soared more than it ever had before. Athena ran forwards and threw her arms around him, holding him close expecting to lose him again.

Athena couldn't help breaking down, she'd been holding herself up all week but she was too fragile to have to deal with this. She started to cry as she rested her head on his chest and wondered whether he felt the same, whether he was this close to shattering entirely.

"Rena" his voice was like music to her ears. Something she'd missed so much even if it had only been a week. It still felt like longer, it still felt like so much longer.

"Remus I'm sorry" Athena moved away and stared up at him, taking in the details on his face like she always did, "Remus I understand now that what I did was wrong. I should have told you, I know I only made things worse in the end"