(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟗) the fall of mary

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WALKED BACK TO THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM IN SHOCK. She'd left her sister at the front gate however she presumed Aurora would've liked to come in with her, she definitely missed Hogwarts that was for sure.

She'd left Athena with one piece of advice,

"You have to tell him"

Which was of course something Athena was planning on doing yet she wasn't sure how it was going to go.

Mary and Remus had been together since second year, Athena remembered it as though it were yesterday. She hadn't been happy about it, she'd been jealous just as she always was. However the two of them had seemed happy even back when they were merely twelve years old.

It was cute, they'd been together since they were practically kids. Although that was only about four years ago, how much did she mean to him? It shocked Athena because Mary seemed to always talk about Remus while the boy rarely mentioned her unless they were together.

This didn't mean that he didn't like her, Remus was always quiet when it came to these things. The weird thing was that it seemed that Mary had really liked Remus and then she went and snogged Avery.

Avery. Of all people she chose him. Cheating on Remus was bad enough but cheating on him with the Slytherin, blood supremacist, death eater was even worse entirely. As well as that, Mary had been her friend, she'd been all of their friend and now it seemed like she'd ruined that. And Athena had to be the one to break the news.

She kept thinking of possibilities in her brain as she approached the portrait of Elizabeth. Was she forced into it? It definitely didn't look like it, she wasn't struggling and she was definitely kissing back as well as that they'd been at it for a while, that much was clear.

Was this the first time? Athena wasn't so sure, after all she'd seen Mary talking to Avery and Mulciber last year. To be fair she had thought that was weird yet Sirius hadn't thought much of it when she'd told him. She'd also rushed off the other day to study, Athena was almost positive that the brunette had been going to see him.

"Widderwhishings" Athena muttered to Elizabeth who obliged by letting her in. Athena had expected them all to be there yet she'd kind of hoped that they wouldn't all be there. It made it all the more difficult to break the news.

Even worse was the fact that they were laughing and smiling joyously without any inkling of the bomb that was about to drop on them,

"You ok Rena?" Marlene asked as Rena walked over and perched herself on the large armchair between Remus and Lily.

"Not exactly" Athena sighed, she guessed it was better just to get this out of the way. She didn't much want Mary walking in halfway through this.