(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟕) trust

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THERE WAS A FAINT POP AS ATHENA ARRIVED BACK HOME she'd spent some time talking with her brother. It felt weird, she'd never talked to him being fully aware of him being her sibling since she'd been nine years old. Truth be told, she barely knew anything about him.

She immediately saw the sunrise through the window as her feet landed in her living room. The sky was a faint peach with fluffy white clouds already drifting serenely by.

"Where have you been?" She jumped immediately, placing her hand to her now fast paced beating heart. Remus was sat lazily in an arm chair. He didn't seem to be injured, just tired. If he had been hurt, he must have patched it up himself. Athena felt bad for not being here, she hadn't intended to stay so long.

"Dacre payed me a visit" Athena replied. The colour drained from Remus' face straight away, he jumped up in panic and observed her through wide eyes,

"Don't worry I'm fine" Athena continued, "I saw Archer too"

"Why didn't you put the enchantments back up after I left?" Remus asked, "he could have hurt you"

"I forgot" Athena sighed, "he didn't try and hurt me, he told me the truth... at least I think he did"

"I thought you already knew the truth now" Remus frowned, "don't tell me something else has changed, I can't keep up with your complicated family history"

"He's not as bad as I thought he was" Athena pondered.

"Rena" Remus began, "don't tell me you trust him"

Athena just looked up at him slowly. She couldn't deny that she'd believed him, Athena couldn't deny that she'd taken his word as fact. Did that mean she trusted him? She'd gone with him without much question, she'd known that he wouldn't hurt her. Was that trust?

"You can't be serious" Remus gasped,

"I'm not Sirius I'm Athena" she smirked, now wasn't exactly the time for joking. Remus' expression dropped in exasperation and Athena looked at him apologetically.

"He's dangerous, he's insane... did you willingly go with him?"

"After he told me everything" Athena explained, "I wanted to see Archer, I wanted to see my brother"

"He could have taken you straight to Voldemort"

"But he didn't"

"He'll give away your location" Remus muttered, "we aren't safe anymore Rena, we have to leave"

"He won't give away the location" Athena sighed. Remus was staring at her as though she'd spoke some complex riddle. There was no sense of understanding in his eyes.

"I'll explain–"

"You can't seriously like him now" Remus scoffed,

"No of course I don't" Athena murmured, "but he's not as bad as we thought Remus, he's not a death eater"