(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟖) gryffindor vs slytherin

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

JAMES HAD NEVER LOOKED SO NERVOUS AS HE DID ON THE MORNING OF THE MATCH. He sat with a plate of bacon and egg in front of him yet didn't seem up to eating.

"170 points" was all he continued to mutter as the clock ticked nearer and nearer to ten (which was when the team would have to go and get ready). Marlene and Sirius looked nervous too but nothing in comparison to James.

"Marls you can't catch the snitch unless we are—"

"Twenty points up" Marlene nodded, "yes James I know"

"Slytherin need 180 points to win... maybe it's better if we catch the snitch but lose than Slytherin winning, then Hufflepuff would win overall"

"Nah James we're going to win" Sirius clapped him on the back encouragingly, "look we were great in training last night"

"Yeah and even if we don't win" Dorcas pointed out, "you still have two more years of being captain, it's not as though this is your last chance"

"Yeah but I wanted to win every year as captain" James muttered, "wanted to be known as the best Gryffindor captain ever, you know?"

"And you will be" Sirius mumbled through a mouthful of bacon sandwich.

"It would be good if you to beat Slytherin" Athena continued, "I'd love to see the looks on Avery and Mulciber's faces.

Both of the disgusting Slytherin members were on the team. Avery was a beater whilst Mulciber was a chaser.

Other notable members of the Slytherin quidditch team was Regulus Black (who also played chaser) and Kennedy Vulpes (who was the seeker). Other than that they had a few smarmy players and a huge seventh year called Montegue (who was the captain and the keeper).

James was the only current captain who was a fifth year. The others were either sixth or seventh which made the boy even more nervous. Frank Longbottom was the only member of the Gryffindor quidditch team older than fifth year but he wasn't passionate enough about the sport to be made captain.

"You'll be fine" Remus assured the three players as the clock hit ten. James had turned a deathly shade of white as he rang his hands together in nerves. Everyone watched as the three of them stood up, gave the group a last nervous glance and walked off.

"oh god I hope they win" Dorcas muttered as they watched them disappear from the hall, "I don't think I could cope with Slytherin winning"

"not when Avery and Mulciber are playing" Athena nodded.

Lily and Mary moved over to them neither looking as nervous as everyone felt.