(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟒) why did you lie ?

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

WHY DID YOU LIE?

The voice was travelling through Athena's mind as they apperated. Her heart was pounding but she didn't have time for Remus' fury. She had to find Kennedy even if she had absolutely no idea where the girl might be.

With a small pop, the two of them appeared on the moors with the wind whistling around them. Athena wondered why he had brought them here, this place was her comfort, her safe place and she didn't appreciate how Remus was now glaring at her through clouded eyes.

"There was never another way was there?" He asked,

"I was—"

"WAS THERE?" Athena was taken aback by his fury, stumbling a few paces she almost slipped down the hill as she steadied herself.

"No there wasn't" Athena told him. Remus sighed loudly as he ran his hands through his hair, staring out at the night sky for some consolidation that he would never receive.

"Why did you lie?"

"I was protecting you"

"I don't feel very fucking protected!" Remus snapped.

"It was terrible Remus, it was the worst I'd ever felt. Knowing that they were going to die and that there was nothing I could do about it... I didn't want you to feel the same"

"You thought I'd feel better knowing that I'd been lied to by the person I trusted most?
You promised there was another way Rena... you promised"

"I'm sorry! I was going to tell you—"

"Oh were you, very convenient"

"I liked seeing the hope you had" Athena cried, "I was jealous Remus, I wanted to feel hope again and I couldn't. You have no idea what I've been going through!"

"What about what I'm going through!" Remus shouted, "I've just lost two of my best friends!"

"So have I!" Athena yelled,

"At least you got time to prepare yourself!"

"Nothing can prepare you for that, nothing... don't think that my heart hasn't just been torn apart!"

"I could have helped you" he scoffed, "we could have gone through this together"

"I didn't want to see you hurt" Athena muttered,

"Well that was unavoidable" Remus yelled, his voice breaking as he did so, "because I am hurt! Not just because I've lost two of the people I love but because the person I love most lied to me... over and over again for a whole year!"

"It's been killing me!"

"If it's been killing you Rena you would have done something about it!" Remus snapped, "you would have told me, it obviously wasn't killing you that much"