(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎) look after you

warnings - descriptions of blood

☽☽☽

ATHENA WAS STILL HOLDING REMUS' HAND AS THEY ARRIVED IN THE POTTER LIVING ROOM. Kennedy and Sirius arrived next followed by Dorcas. Kennedy seemed slightly shaken again, presumably from the apparition alongside the fear that no one was going to trust her.

Nevertheless, Sirius was holding tight onto her hand as they walked into the kitchen. To Athena's surprise, nearly the entire order was here. Athena's jaw dropped slightly, she hadn't been expecting to be ambushed by them.

Dumbledore stood up immediately and Kennedy seemed to shrink back into the shadows. James shot them an apologetic look and nodded his head to his parents who were also looking rather guilty.

"James told me what was going on" Euphemia explained, "I was worried you were going to get hurt so I called for backup... I didn't expect them all to show up"

"It's ok" Athena smiled.

"Kennedy's innocent" Sirius jumped in quickly.

"She took Athena" Peter pointed out before getting shot down by about a dozen glares. Athena turned her attention towards the boy and noticed his hand was entwined with another.

As her gaze shifted to the left her eyes collided with icy blue, a cold stare that she recognised instantly. However the memories that came flooding back weren't those of happy times but instead pain and screaming.

Mary McDonald was sat there with a sickening smirk on her lips, holding hands with Peter and sitting head high as though she was in control. Flashes shot through Athena's mind of the screams, the excruciating pain and her eyes staring at her through it all. Not even caring that she was in pain.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Athena spat. Everyone who seemed to be staring at Kennedy suddenly turned their attention to her. Remus sighed and turned, evidently about to tell her again that she was going mad. Athena was sick of hearing this by now, she knew what she had seen.

"What is the problem here?" Dumbledore asked calmly as he stared at Athena.

"She's a death eater!" Athena yelled, posting at Mary. Her sickening smirk disappeared and was quickly replaced with a look of hurt and shock.

"A death eater?" Mary murmured, "I'm sorry I-I-I don't know what she's talking about"

"Stop lying" Athena cried, feeling her voice break.

"Athena" Remus muttered, "we've been through this"

"Shut up!" Athena shoved Remus away, "I'm not crazy, I know what I saw"

"I'm not following?" James frowned,

"She was there, when I was being tortured, she was there"