(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟖) letters

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

Dear Rena and Moony,

Thank you so so much for Harry's birthday present. He loves the stuffed wolf so much, it's now beside the stag and the dog guess we just need a rat to finish his collection!

James says he'll be a marauder yet. I wish you could come around and see Harry on his new toy broom (I've enclosed a photo) Sirius bought him it and James is so so excited because of how much he already loves flying even if it's only a few feet off the floor.

Only one year old and already zooming along, he looked so pleased with himself. He nearly killed the cat the other day flying on it, James was in hysterics but I don't think the poor thing took it very well. Did we tell you about the cat? Found it wandering around outside out house and don't worry we checked it for magic (it's clear). Anyway it's a big ginger thing and I love it! James claims he's more of a dog person but he loves it really.

Harry also smashed a horrible vase Petunia sent me for Christmas (no complaints there). Of course James thought that was so funny and he's saying he's going to be the best quidditch player that Hogwarts has ever seen (after himself of course) but we've had to pack away all the ornaments and make sure we don't take our eyes off him when he gets going.

We had a very quiet birthday tea, just us and old Bathilda (you know the woman who lives next door) she's always been so kind to us and the enchantments allow her to visit since her house is slightly under them too. Before you start (Rena I'm looking at you) Dumbledore says it's completely fine for her to visit and Harry loves her.

We are so sorry that none of you could have come. We're missing you so so much and I can't wait for this all to be over, it feels like a lifetime now but we're doing ok! Anyway the order has to come first and Harry isn't old enough to know that it's his birthday anyway! James is getting a bit frustrated shut up here, he tries not to show it but I can tell.

Also Dumbledore's still got his invisibility cloak (did I mention he took it, I can never remember what I've already told you). Anyway he took it last week, said he was interested by it, not sure why but so there's no chance of James sneaking off anywhere without me noticing. I hope you can visit soon, Dumbledore says that we can't leave but people can start coming to us! As long as he clears it first of course then everything should be ok.

James is very happy about this and I hope to see you both see on as well! Wormy was here last weekend, I thought he seemed down, but that was probably just because of Marlene. I know it's been months now but it's not as though any of us are going to get over it. I still cry myself to sleep most nights thinking of her.

Bathilda drops in most days now, she's a fascinating old thing with the most amazing stories about Dumbledore. Did you see that article about him being friends with Grindlewald! I don't think I believe it, Bathilda says it's true but I think her minds going personally.