(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔) the slug club

Start from the beginning

"Because I'm quidditch captain and Sluggie knows my parents" James said,

"Because I'm good at potions" Lily added,

"Slughorn knows my uncle rather well" Marlene shrugged.

Athena of course knew exactly why she'd received this invitation. She'd never been close with Slughorn at all in fact potions had always been her worst subject. The reason that she was invited was because of the prophecy, since she'd been inducted into the order and everything. She supposed this made her interesting now.

Despite this Athena was suddenly greeted with a small panic. None of her friends knew anything about any of this. What if Slughorn brought it up? Surely he wouldn't be that stupid, the order was a very secret organisation after all.

"I'm not sure I'll go" Athena replied, it seemed the only way to get out of the possibility of Slughorn spilling her secret.

"No you have to come" Lily beamed, "the Christmas party is rather fun actually, not as boring as the regular meetings and you can take guests, since there's four of us that means we can all go"

Athena sighed realising the red head was right. If everyone took a guest, all eight of them could go which also meant if she didn't go someone else would also miss out.

"Well I'm taking Dorcas obviously" Marlene smiled as she winked at her girlfriend,

"I'll take Sirius as usual" James shrugged,

"Well I'll take Peter" Lily added with a knowing glance in Athena's direction. At this request, James gave a warning look to Peter who shrunk down in his seat slightly.

"Guess that's us then" Remus murmured to Rena who just nodded stiffly.

Athena wasn't enthusiastic about going to this party at all but it seemed there was no way around it. She was rather sick of parties this year, they'd already had quite a few. Though Athena doubted that Slughorn's prestigious Christmas party would be anything like a Gryffindor common room party.

It took place on Saturday the 19th which only gave the girls two days to find an outfit, the horror! Yes that was sarcastic. Usually Athena would be excited about getting dolled up and going to a party, it kept the school year exciting and gave them a break from constant studying and learning. However this was not the same.

Athena had just decided that she'd avoid Slughorn at all costs. If he didn't see her he couldn't talk to her, he wouldn't say anything and if he didn't notice her he wasn't going to be talking about her. Even if he did, as long as her friends didn't find out it was fine. She kept telling herself that Slughorn was a very intelligent wizard who wouldn't accidentally spill one of the biggest secrets of the order yet Athena wasn't taking precautions, after all she'd heard how much he liked mead.

The girls all got ready in the Gryffindor girls dorm. Mary didn't show her face which wasn't a surprise, apparently the girls had barely seen her since her cheating had been exposed. Nobody was complaining about that of course. Athena had seen her sitting at the Slytherin table laughing and swooning over Avery, frankly it made her feel rather sick.

She'd picked out a silvery dress to wear. Apparently it went well with her skin tone (at least that's what Dorcas said) Athena trusted Dorcas when it came to these things because she was supposed to be the fashion expert. The girl had decided to straighten her hair again despite the incantation taking ages to do. It didn't help that Athena had a lot of hair.