(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟖) village greetings

Start from the beginning

She fell asleep almost immediately (which made a change) feeling excited for the next day.

"You're meeting your sister aren't you?" Lily asked as the girls walked down into the village. The air around them was rather cold and Athena pulled her scarf tighter around her neck.

"Yeah ... she said to meet her outside of the three broomsticks" Rena replied.

"That means I'll have to third wheel with those two" Lily rolled her eyes as she pointed to Marlene and Dorcas.

"Where's Mary?" Athena frowned,

"Said she had some things to do... post a package or something, I told her I'd go with her but she said I should go have fun, whatever that means"

"Who knows" Athena shrugged, "I could come meet up with you once I'm done with Aurora... saying that I'm not sure how long that'll be"

"Don't worry about it" Lily laughed, "you're better off catching up with your sister than me... I'll see you later in the common room anyway"

"That's true... have fun with the lovebirds then" Athena laughed,

"I'll try" Lily smirked as the two girls broke off. Athena paced over the cobbled street as she walked over towards the three broomsticks.

Aurora was already standing outside (no surprise there). She was wrapped in a deep cloak of maroon and her hair was pulled back into a very professional looking bun.

"Hi Rory" Rena smiled as she made her way over. Her sisters face lit upon seeing her as she pulled her into a hug.

"I've missed you" Aurora muttered, "I've missed this place... appreciate Hogwarts while you can"

"Oh trust me I will" Athena smiled, "you coming?" She asked as she pushed into the pub. Aurora was still standing outside gazing over the street with a sense of longing.

"Yeah course I am" Rory smiled in response as she followed Athena into the pub.

"Don't be eyeing the mead" Aurora told her as they walked over to the bar, "you aren't seventeen yet"

"Yet" Athena repeated with a wink.

"Two butterbeers please" Aurora told Rosmerta who nodded obligingly as she moved away from cleaning glasses to collecting the drinks.

"So how's NEWT lessons?" Aurora asked as she passed over the money and took the drinks with a thank you.

"They're difficult" Rena nodded, "you were right about that"

"Non verbal magics fine when you get your head around it" Aurora told her as they sat down in one of the booths, "there's just so much content"

"Yeah I have piles of homework already and it's only first term"

"It'll get worse" Aurora told her, "much worse"

"Thanks for the optimism Rory" Athena laughed, "anyway how's training?"

"Still doing it at the ministry for now" Aurora explained, "then I'll get into a list of possible applicants that goes out to a range of wizarding schools... of course Hogwarts is my first choice"