(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟕) exams

Start from the beginning

Athena was closer to the back right as it went alphabetically in columns.

The girl turned to see that her seat was beside Remus'. They were rather far apart as the seats had been spread out to avoid cheating. Athena gave him a swift smile before her eyes turned back to her paper.

Snape was behind her. She could hear him sniffing as he settled in his seat. Just thinking about the boy made her angry. James was a couple seats in front of her. He kept messing up his hair as they waited for the exam to start.

One of the smaller and frail looking examiners walked over to the front of the hall and turned a large bell jar with his wand. The hourglass inside turned with it and purple sand began to trickle down from the top.

Athena opened her paper immediately as she dipped her quill into her ink. She heard scribbling all around as she tried to calm her nerves. She knew what she was doing, she'd always been good at charms. With that she took a deep breath and began to write her first answer.

The exam went well. Everyone said it was easier than they'd expected but Athena didn't want to get her hopes up just yet, after all charms was one of her better subjects. She spent the afternoon preparing for her potions exam.

Every student was placed on a table of two with a cauldron in front of them. There was two potions for the exam both the same difficulty which meant the person you were next to wasn't doing to same potion as you.

Due to Athena's unfortunate placement in the register. She had to stand next to Snape. He'd always been the model potions student since day one. Slughorn practically bowed at his feet every time he made a potion.

Before the exam started Athena had to endure a few over confident and smarmy remarks about how he didn't even need to try. The girl prayed that his potion would blow up in his face even though she knew that would never happen, not to perfect Snape.

The time began and Athena started to cut up her ingredients immediately. She saw Snape give her a condescending look which immediately made her think that she was doing something wrong.

The girl pushed it to the back of her mind after all Snape was always doing shit like this. She'd brewed the potion before and knew exactly how to do it. The thing about potions was that everything had to be precise in order for it to be perfect.

By the end Athena was happy with how her potion turned out. She felt better when Snape looked at hers and just gave it a disgruntled look as though he couldn't think of anything bad to say about it.

Snape's looked perfect. But there was no surprise there. All in all Athena believed that her first day of exams had gone rather well. Everyone was fixated on the conversation of tests, constantly thinking over what they'd written and whether it was right.

Personally Athena preferred not to dwell on it and instead looked for the exams she had the next day. She only had one the next day which was a Herbology written exam. By the end of the week she'd have done six exams which made her feel a lot better.

The next day went as well as the last. She found the idea of sitting in the large hall in front of the large hour glass less and less daunting.

Herbology hadn't gone as well as charms however throughout the entire thing Athena heard the voice at the back of her head telling her that she didn't really need herbology anyway.

On Tuesday afternoon her and Remus didn't have any exams so they took it upon themselves to go study in the library to prepare for the rest of the week.

Remus had been finding the exams as well as Athena had. They took the same subjects which meant they were both able to study for the care of magical creatures practical that they had the next day.