(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟔) kennedy

Start from the beginning

"Why isn't Mary over here?" James raised his eyebrows, "you two were joint at the hip a couple weeks ago"

"She agrees with Lily" Remus shrugged, "at least I think she does... didn't actually say"

Rena looked at Mary who was sitting right next to Lily talking rapidly between the girls.

"I have detention now" Sirius muttered as he stood up gingerly, letting go of Athena's hand carefully.

"You have detention every night don't you?" Asked James,

"Apart from weekends" Siri's nodded,

"Mate you're going to miss the full moon this month" James sighed, "it's on Friday"

"Don't remind me" Remus muttered in a low tone,

"Sorry mate" James added quickly,

"Sorry Remus" Sirius sighed, "what's the date in may?"

"Saturday" Peter replied quickly, Athena assumed they must look this up a lot,

"I'll make that one then" Sirius shrugged as he moved over to the portrait and disappeared.

"I wish I was an animagus" Athena sighed, "is it fun?"

"Yeah" James nodded, "weird tho... feels weird I mean, takes a lot getting used to it"

"Plus you have to carry that leaf in your mouth" Peter grimaced, "that was awful"

☽☽☽

Exams were creeping up on them rather fast now. Athena was making sure to pay attention as much as possible in lessons since she couldn't find much motivation to study outside of class.

She tried spending a lot of time in the library however the quiet atmosphere and the comforting smell of book pages almost sent her to asleep. Instead she found herself gazing out of the large window and wishing she were outside.

It didn't help that exams were in summer, Athena had always said that. If they were in winter maybe she wouldn't be so desperately wishing that she was somewhere else. Then again exams were never easy.

Athena was confident that she could at least pass astronomy, charms and transfigurations. Her mind told her that she'd do well in these subjects however she didn't want to jinx it so she kept her expectations low.

The problem was divination and history of magic. She was sure she'd never fully listened to Professor Binns in the time he'd taught her. As for divination she may have seen something twice but she had no idea how she'd done that.

Unfortunately there wasn't a foolproof way to actually study divination. It was all up to chance and whether or not someone had the sight. Athena had even tried asking Trelawney for help but to no avail. She wasn't even sure if the girl was a seer.

Therefore she tried to place a lot of her concentration into history of magic. To be fair it wasn't all boring. In fact Athena had begun to find the goblin revolts rather interesting

Maybe if they had a better teacher then the lesson wouldn't be so bad. However Professor Binns didn't even know he was dead so it would probably be impossible to fire him.

Athena's other subjects were defence against the dark arts, care of magical creatures, potions and herbology. She was average in these lessons. She knew she could pass care of magical creatures and herbology but potions was hit and miss.

As for defence against the dark arts, their teaching in this lesson had been all over the place. Professor Jenson had been good this year, probably Athena's favourite teacher to date for the subject.