Chapter 10

A/N! : SO SO SO SO SO SORRY for not updating sooner! I HATE keeping you guys waiting, but hear me out: I had a last minute funeral to attend, my mother has been sick, and I've been Christmas shopping on top of all that, so I've been hardly home! But, most everything is back under control so without further ado, here is Chapter 10 :) xoxo.

--dedicated to racingheart <3

**

CHAPTER 10

BECCA'S P.O.V.

The fire went by in a blur. I was with Rian, and I liked him. I couldn't even begin to explain how much I liked this kid, and being with him made me feel happier than I have in forever. But then there's Alec. I had a bad feeling around him- bad, as in, rebelious, and dangerous- but I loved the rush it gave me.

The fire was last night, and I snuck off to see Alec in the house while Rian was chatting it up around the pit. He kissed my cheek as I told him I was going to the bathroom, unaware that Alec was inside, as well.

"Well hey, there," Alec smiled when I walked inside and up the steps to the kitchen.

"Hi," I replied, trying to hide my smile.

I failed. "Where's Rian?" he asked, his face unreadable.

Great. I couldn't even tell him how I felt this steamy attraction to him because he just ruined it by bringing Rian up, making me feel so guilty suddenly.

"Talking to the guys," was all I said. He stepped closer, and my breathing stopped quickly. I hesitated to look up at him, because I knew if I did, I'd probably kiss him, or hell.. even jump his bones. I hated myself for being so uncontrollable around him. Hated it. But, man, did I love it, at the same time.

He smirked at me before gently touching my cheek with his thumb. "You don't have to fight your feelings."

I smiled, but then pushed it away, pushing him away with the thought. "Don't," I warned him. "I like Rian, a lot. I don't want to hurt him for someone who f*cked me over," I snapped, immediately hating myself for longing for his touch again.

"Ouch," Alec put his hand over his heart as if that actually punchured his ego. "You can really hurt a guy's ego, you know that?"

I frowned, and sighed. "Why do I like you? Rian's perfect for me. Yet.. you're around and all I want is to be yours."

The words came out faster than I could think about stopping them. Suddenly he was pressed against me, his lips crushing mine and I couldn't even find the urge to fight him. Instead, I kissed him back, savoring the moment, not wanting it to end, but knowing that I was a horrible person for feeling this.

Then it hit me.

Reality.

Why was I horrible? It was absolutely possible to be into 2 people at once. And I was. I loved the safeness Rian made me feel with him. The realness. The sureness. The sweet, caring, perfect relationship he was more than willing to give me. And then there was Alec. I lived for that connection, the unknowningness. For the rebellion and the passion, the rude snide remarks and the constant urges. So, they both had the best of me. And I had all of BOTH of them. I couldn't decide. So, I knew what I had to do next.

I broke away, my lips tingling. I smiled, then walked to the chair to sit, pulling out my phone. I texted Rian.

To: Rian<3

Come inside. We need to talk.

From: Rian<3

On my way now.

He didn't ask or question it. Which is another thing I loved. And another thing that made me feel guilty. How could I tell him? I rubbed my temples, trying to find words.

Rian came inside, hands in his pockets, as he stood next to Alec in front of me. This wasn't going to end good, and why did I just up and think that they'd be ok with me making them both wait? They could easily do better than me, and I would accept that. But here I was, about to ask them to hold off, until I made a decision. Who the hell did I think I was?

Well.. I had to try. Better now than later when my feelings for them both developed stronger.

"Hey, Ri," I went to hug him, breathing in his amazing Adidas scent, and kissed his cheek before stepping away. I stood in front of them both, biting my lip nervously.

"Look, Rian, I just, I wanted to say-" he cut me off by putting his hand up, confusing me.

"I know, Bec. I know about your feelings for Alec. I saw the kiss," Rian confessed. The strange thing wasn't that he saw it, but that he wasn't hurt or mad or anything. Where was the emotion? Did he not care?

"It bothered me, but c'mon. We aren't dating, yet. And I understand. You like him, you like me. And you need time, don't you? To figure it all out? To see who you want to be with and who you don't?" he paused, looking at me to make sure I was paying attention. I just nodded, unsure of what to say that he already didn't.

"So I don't know, I don't want to lose my bro Alec, but I'm gonna wait. For you to at least decide. It's summer time, Bec. Live a little. Do stuff you'll regret later, but remember," and he closed the small gap between us, stepping up to me, "I'm gonna wait. Cause you're worth it." And with that, he kissed me softly and quickly, nodding when he pulled away at Alec, and heading out of the house.

I was frozen. I was worth it? NO. I wasn't. But, part of me was happy and dancing inside at the thought of him waiting, and I was glad he'd be there in the end. But now, my heart hurt, looking up at Alec, unsure of his answer.

"So?" I asked after the silence got too awkward for me.

"I don't see the point in waiting," he admitted. I nodded, taking that as my hint to leave and go back to the fire. I stepped towards the steps and he grabbed my hand, pulling me to him, kissing me deeply and fast, nothing like Rian's, but I wasn't complaining about his either..

"What??" he laughed as I looked at him, dumbfoundely.

"You said you don't see the point in waiting," my voice cracked, ruining my plan to stay nonchalant.

He just laughed, walking to the door, waiting for me. I gave up and followed him, but before I walked outside, he smirked. "No point in waiting when I know I'll win. But, hell. I'll play along for the fun of it," he laughed.

Great. I'm playing games with the two greatest guys I've ever met. What did I just get myself into?