chapter four

chapter four: the rescue

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

When I reached the palace of the Hutt crimelord, the suns had already started to rise in the Tatooine sky. I swiftly pulled on my cloak and waited outside the main entrance for the scheduled shift change in guards that would be happening any moment now, according to Lando's intel. After a few minutes of waiting, I started thinking of ways to make Lando pay for his bad intel. I was particularly entertaining the idea of "accidentally" shoving him into an escape pod and letting it float around for the amount of time I had to wait for this kriffin shift change, when the door finally opened, giving me a single window of opportunity to slip into the building undetected.

      Once inside, I let out a breath I had consciously been holding onto. Now all I had to do was get to Jabba's "throne room" and rescue my friends. Then we could escape this planet, and I'd be free of the my best friend's homeplanet, free from his grip on me. At least for a while. I snapped back to reality, watching for the patrol to walk past me so that I could slip into the throne room unnoticed. Just when I started to descend to stairs, a Twil'ek with a coloring that matched the sand dunes of Jundland Wastes stopped me. Fortunately, he was rather simple to compel with the Force, so I used the Force to persuade him to take me to Jabba.

     Immediately after stepping into the crimelord's "throne room", I noticed the numerous bounty hunters and smugglers, lying around, probably hungover from a night of partying. I shook my head in disgust. And they have the audacity to call us Rebellion fighters scum. When I was led to Jabba, I couldn't help but see Leia, dressed in a revealing costume, chained to the Hutt's side. Disgusting slug. He goes through slave girls like a smuggler goes through credits.

      The Twil'ek began to gently shake Jabba the Hutt, "Master." The slug-like crime lord awoke with a startle. "This is Soyara, Jedi-Knight." He took one look at me before scowling at his advisor.

     Jabba became angered, shouting in Huttese to the tan-colored Twiliek, "I told you not to admit her."

     I spoke up, "I must be allowed to speak, please."

     The Twil'ek repeated after me, "She must be allowed to speak, master."

      The realization hit Jabba in that moment, "You weak-minded fool. She's using an old Jedi mind trick." He shoved his advisor to the floor.

     While the Hutt is distracted, I unsuccessfully attempted to compel him with the Force, "You will bring Captain Solo and the Wookie to me." I lowered my hood to make the crime lord look me in the eye, a tip I had picked up from Ahsoka.

     Jabba laughed deeply, "Your mind tricks will not work on me, girl."

     I took a couple steps forward as I'm surrounded by bounty hunters and other scum that work for Jabba, "Either way, I'm taking Han and my friends with me. You can either accept this, or face your fate. I should warn you not to underestimate me though. It will be your downfall."