37. The eavesdropping. - Olivia

I quickly take a seat next to Joanie

I quickly take a seat next to Joanie. "You ok, Liv?"

"Yeah," I say breathlessly.

Chris comes back out shortly after, shooting me a sullen, heated look that wants me to surrender to his passion and fuck me in his car.

Joanie notices, she brushes my hair back as she leans over. "Were you just alone with Chris?" She hisses in my ear for only me to hear.

"He cornered me in the bathroom," I admit quietly. "But it's no big deal. He just wanted to talk alone."

I change the subject and avoid Chris's gaze. About five minutes later, Sean folds his long legs under the table as he comes to sit next to me, his arms going around my waist. He places a kiss on my cheek. "Hi, baby. Can I get you something to eat?"

Joanie grins widely at us. "What?" Sean asks.

"You're so cute!" She says, pointing between us.

"It's true," Will says as he sits down across from us.

"I'll go get you something," Sean says before he steps away.

"Thanks." My eyes follow him and sweep to Chris with that girl again.

His eyes meet mine as he talks in her ear, and she giggles. He's making sure I see what I'm missing.

"He's such a sweetheart," Joanie says.

"Sean?" I ask her with a smile. "He is. He's the best guy I know."

"Hey!" Will protests.

"Except for you, Rocky!"

My big brother grins at me, his blue eyes sparkling cheerfully. "Aw, it's been a long time since you called me that, Bug."

Rocky was what my family called him growing up as a joke for being my tough big brother. And I was the little bug flitting around to annoy him.

"Haven't seen you this happy since before the accident," Will says.

I open my mouth in disbelief. What the fuck is this party? I just had a fantastic day with Sean. And now I'm dealing with possessive jealousy from Chris and possessive detestation about Jakob from Will.

"I'm allowed to mourn him, aren't I?" I ask incredulously.

He widens his eyes, looks at his wife, then back at me.

"I meant Mom and Dad," he says quietly, looking apologetic.

Wait, what the fuck?! How would that be better?

I am floored. "How could you say that? I haven't been happy in ten years?!"

"I - well, Liv, you know, I just meant," he is trying to figure out what to say next, clutching his hair nervously.

I stand up, slapping my hands on the table. "You know, I know you didn't like Jakob, but you never gave him a chance at all," I accuse loudly, pointing at him.