Chapter 5 : Cry For The Deads

One. One tear came out of Kili's eyes and ran down his cheek while life left him. He breathed deeply one last time before his chest stopped moving for ever. He closed his eyes. Tauriel screamed his name, but it was too late. He was gone.

The ugly orc smiled badly before he took his pious off and he let the dwarf's body fall to the ground. He looked at the body, proud of himself. The red-hair elf felt tears running down her cheeks while she whispered the dwarf's name one last time.

Her enemy, still alive unfortunately, turned to her, always smiling. He came closer, threatening . Then she felt, except her tears, a deeply rage burnt in her body. She took courage in this anger to stand up and to face, courageously, the orc. When he raised his pious to her, to kill her, she pushed away his arm, and jumped on him. Then she turned, before she leaned on the snow-covered rocks , to push them in the void, while she was trying to put away from her the orc's weapon.

It seemed to her that falling had no end. They continued to fall in the snow. When she landed, on her back, it took her breath away momentarily. She threw back her head to try to breath better,while she was groaning in pain. It seemed to her that all her bones were broken, including her heart. She failed. And Kili was dead. All her body had abandoned her. She did not think to her enemy, even one's, which was possibly already standing and walking to her. All her thoughs were just a word. Or a name. Kili. He will never meet his mother again, nor his brother, nor his brethren. He will never open his eyes again to look at stars in the sky. He will never warm her heart with his smile in the cold days of winter again.

Tauriel stayed there for a long time, her eyes closed, letting tears run down her cheeks without resistance, when a earthquake made the ground shake under her. She opened slowly her eyes to see a rocks tower which was making an instable bridge on the void. She noticed something else : Bolg was standing near her. Fortunately, he turned in the noise direction, and forgot her. She looked him walking away and she saw him jumped on the new bridge. In the other side, Legolas was walking to him, his sword on his hand.

**********

Tauriel was now standing, although the pain in all her body. She finally arrived at the place she was looking for. Kili was laying there. Dead. She got down on her knees, and took his hands in her one's.

'' I am so sorry'', she told him.

She knew perfectly that he could not hear her, but she needed to say it. The sunset behind the mountain offered enough light to illuminate the dwarf's face and make him look alive. Sleeping. Tauriel took in her tunic the runic stone he had given to her. She held it during a moment in her hand, quiet, and passed her fingers on the message on it.

Then, delicately, she laid the green stone on Kili's hands. She put his hands on his chest, with the stone, to hide the injury that took his life. Unjust life. He did not deserve to die. He deserved to live a long and peaceful life, with his family, in Erebor.

How much she would have like his smile to warm her heart one last time !

She thought to every word he had said, too few, unfortunately, in particular what he told her on the shores of Laketown, before he left for the mountain. Amrâlimê. He loved her. But she did not. Maybe it was better that she never told him. It would have break his heart.

She got closer, and kissed his forehead.

'' Rest, my friend'', she whispered. May your spirit find the way to the caves of Mandos in peace.