Chapter 16 : Over The Anduin River

She has been waken up by step noises not so far from her. Even with the night, the silver light helped her to see who was there.

Frodon was awaken too, and he had stood up. She finally noticed who he was looking at. Galadriel was passing there, asking silently the hobbit to follow her. She was walking on the grass without making noises, and her white dress was almost shining in the dark. The hobbit followed her, and he got down the stairs after the lady of lights. The quickly disappeared. Galadriel had come to take the ring-bearer to her mirror, to show him the past, the present, and perhaps, the future. Who knew what he was going to see ? Maybe the same scenes than Tauriel when she was in Lothlorien. She had seen the world in fire if the evil took the power again. So she prefered to forget it, frightened of this vision of Mirkwood. The hobbit was the only person on earth that could save them, now, by throwing the ring in the flames of Mordor. She believed more and more in him. He had already shown his courage many times. He could not fail. He was carrying their world's future.

She heard her companions breaths, and she came back into the real world. She tried to forget Gimli's snoring, and she lay on her blanket, her head on her pillow. She fell asleep a second time, without dreaming.

**********

The nine companions stayed two days in Caras Galadhon. Their bodys and their souls took some rest, tired of this long journey to Lothlorien. On the third day morning, they were about to leave these woods. Nine elves came to the fellowship, and gave to each a green cloak, closed by a little leaf, like those which were in the trees above their heads.

''Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes'', Celeborn declared in front of them.

Galadriel came to them too, wearing a white dress, a silver diadem on her forehead. She seemed to really shine under the trees.

''My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim. Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin.''

The blond elf took delicately the bow in his hand, and looked at it, amazed. Galadriel walked to Tauriel.

''I give to you a bow of the Galadhrim too, daughter of the forest. May it help you when dark hours would come''.

She took the bow in her hand, surprised by its lightness. Galadriel smiled to her, benevolent : she knew she could not give her daggers. Merilin one's were still in her back, and she was not about to leave them. The lady of light resumed her walk, and stopped in front of Pippin and Merry. She gave them small daggers. Both of them took them, Pippin more surprised than his cousin.

''These are the daggers of Nordorin. They have already seen service in war. Do not fear, young Peregrin Took, you will find your courage.''

The two hobbits lowered their heads . Then, Galadriel walked to Sam.

'' And for you, Samwise Gamgee, elven rope made of hithlain.''

He took the rope, but he looked at the cousins' daggers on his right side.

''Thank you my lady. Have you run out of those nice, shiny daggers ?'' he asked her.

Galadriel did not answer to him, she just smiled in a way that meant many things. She resumed her walk, and she stopped in front of the dwarf, the head down, holding his helmet in his hands.