Chapter 17 : The Breaking Of The Fellowship

There were no tracks around them of the man, or of Frodo. There was just Boromir's shield on the sand. Both of them had disappeared silently, without telling anyone.

She took her bow in her hand, which she had put near the fire. Without losing time, they decided to go after the ring-bearer and Boromir. Nobody had seen him go, nor Frodo. In any cases, they could not leave them alone. Boromir had already shown by the past his attraction for the ring of power. His mind controlled by the evil, he could easily attack Frodo.

The hobbits stayed behind the others : Aragorn had told them to not interfere. They had already shown their great courage and their ability to fight during their journey in the Mines of Moria, but it was better for them to stay behind. So the three hobbits followed quietly the others, their daggers to their belts. The ranger went while running in a direction, and Tauriel went with Legolas to another. Gimli came after them, making an effort to stay at their level.

The thought that the man could so easily take the ring entered her mind, and Tauriel ran faster, so did Legolas. But they did not find anything suspect in the woods. The hobbit and the man were not there. The ground was still shaking under the red-hair elf's feet, but quieter than on the beach. Except this, all was silently. Only the dwarf's breath troubled the silence. They kept running in the woods, the leaves falling around them without making noise.

Suddenly, they stopped : they heard swords noises in Aragorn's direction. They immediately came after him, and reached a little hill where the fight noises were coming from.

Aragorn was fighting there, alone against at least fifty orcs at the top of the remains on the hill. All of a sudden, he jumped with a battle cry on his enemies, killing many of them. He stood up and kept fighting the orcs, who seemed to be more and more numerous. He must had found the ring-bearer and asked him to go. With an arrow well placed, Tauriel shot the monster that stood to close to the ranger. Legolas killed the second one, and Gimli swiftly began to shoot the orcs with his axe. If Frodo had gone to have a chance, their enemies had unfortunately understood too Aragorn's plan, and were now leaving the place. Someone had to go after him as fast as possible to protect him from the orcs.

''Go,Aragorn !'' She told him, shooting another enemy that came to her, an arrow between his.

He immediately went without losing a second after the hobbit killing many orcs in the same time. The elf avoided swiftly a sword, before planting an arrow in the throat of her enemy, without using her bow. After the dark corps had collapsed to the ground, she used the arrow with her bow to kill the next one. To her side, Gimli and Legolas were fighting too, the dwarf screaming happily every time he used his axe. She was shooting first the orcs that wanted to go after Aragorn, so he could go faster to Frodo.

They kept fighting for a while, killing as many orcs as possible, before running after Aragorn, following the dark shapes that seemed to be bigger step after step.

She got down the hill under the trees, her bow in her hands, using it every time an enemy entered the corner of her vision. They reached the place where Aragorn was harsh fighting against the orcs. Putting her bow in her back, she took her daggers to go to his side. She turned on herself to arrived the orc running to her, and planted her two blades in his stomach. Then she cut the throat of the next one with a battle cry, and the third one quickly collapses to the ground. Gimli was happily screaming on his enemies, glad to do some exercices after two days in a boat, and the sound of Legolas ' arrows was telling her that he was standing a few meters behind her. In the corner of her vision, she saw an orc coming closer to the ranger, who was already fighting against another one. Without hesitating a second, she threw one of her daggers in her enemy's eye. Aragorn turned as the orc fell to the ground, and when he understood, he thanked her silently, before fighting again.