XVI

[No one]

     The Mains and Leads were sitting in the meeting room. Everyone was listening to Alden and Mao, who were holding the meeting since Sherenidy had gotten herself injured. (Sherenidy had fucked up) They had decided that the Rookie trials had to be redone. It was definitely going to be a lot of work.

"We will redo the trials and choose around twenty to forty new Rookies, who can actually do their job," Alden spoke.

"But we'll also just straight away keep five of our old Rookies because I know that we can trust them and they've earned their positions," Mao continued.

"This is going to be a lot of paperwork," Edita mumbled.

"Mmh," Kasen hummed in agreement.

"And that one idiot had to fuck up right now," Mao mumbled.

"ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᒲᔑ╎リ ᔑ↸ᒲ╎リ ᒲᔑ𝙹, language, please," Alden reminded.

"Oh shit- I mean- Damn!" Mao tried but ended up banging his head on the table.

"Just end me please," He mumbled as the others laughed.

"Silence, please," Alden spoke but no one could stop laughing.

Some tried to hold laughter, but only Jaylee and Alden managed to stay silent. Mao was still laying on the table and some others, like Oskari, Upton and Kasen, had joined him as well.

"Looks like this meeting has to be dismissed," Alden sighed and got up. "Come on mr. I'm-laughing-my-ass-off, we got work to do," He continued and bonked Mao's head.

People started to leave the room, still laughing. Xelqua was sitting next to Upton. He looked at his laughing friend.

"Come on, we have to go," He tried.

"Hahaha, I-I can't," Upton laughed.

"It's not even that funny!" Xelqua tried but also giggled. "Come on, let's go," He said and started dragging Upton out of the room.

[Grian]

     I ran to the portal hub. I had just realized that I had just left my friends in Hermitcraft and never told them anything. I ran through the portal and ran straight into someone. We fell down and they made a weird scream noise.

"Oh my, I'm sorry!" I apologize and got up looking down.

I looked at Biffa, who was the victim of my fall. He got up and looked at me.

"Oh Grian, I wasn't expecting to see you come out of the portal, like that," He was surprised.

I realized why he was surprised. Usually everyone fells as they walk out of the portal and it takes long to actually get used to traveling through the portals. And he had just seen me just casually ran through the portal without any kind of struggling. Mistake had been made.

"Oh, guess that I've just gotten used to traveling through portals," I shrugged.

Biffa shrugged. "Well, I would love to talk more with you but I have to go see one of The Leads," He explained.

"Huh, what is it about?" I was curious.

"Just basic admin-stuff," He answered.

I nodded and waved as he walked through the portal and disappeared. I turned around and spread my elytras. As I was about to fly away, horrible pain hit me. I fell to the ground coughing furiously. The spawn was starting to get bloody. I knew exactly what was going on. Xavier appeared next to me in his ghost from. Luckily no one else was close.