PERIOD

⋆。˚. ┊﹟ OUR SKY
❪ in which it's hana's time of the month ❫
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

HANA WAS SURPRISED, she has had pretty irregular periods ever since her debut due to some extreme diets and the stress that came with being an idol. However, Hana was still very much human and has to deal with the cramps and flowing of blood. During these times often talked with her stylist and manager unnies to make sure she doesn't have any accidents while promoting, and overall make sure she wasn't uncomfortable.

The boys weren't oblivious to the fact that Hana had her periods. While they might not know the extent of the pain she goes through, they know of it and understand. However most of the time it's unnoticed, just like it is with other female idols in the kpop industry; Hana deals with the pain of periods while training and promoting like it's nothing. Most fans don't even notice the performances where she is on her period, as she hides it very well.

During a dance practice preparing for their Love Yourself: Speak Yourself Stadium Tour, Hana had a particularly bad cramp. It had taken her by surprise and she slipped over and messed up the choreography of Boy with Luv. Jin who was behind her was able to stable Hana before she could injure herself.

"Hana are you okay? You don't normally slip up the choreo?" Jin asked kindly, while setting Hana down on the ground gently.

"Gah- sorry I messed up the practice oppa.. I lost focus for a moment and the pain just hit, and it hurts so much." Hana said in a small voice.

Hoseok who was nearest to the speaker turned down the music. It faded into the background as the seven males look at each other, all confused on what she was talking about. Pain? Hurt? Was she hiding an injury? How long has she been in pain?

"Noona? Are you okay?" Jungkook asks concerned. "How long have you been in pain? Don't tell me you've been practicing these choreographies in pain; this whole time?"

Giggling softly Hana looks at the maknae, "Jungkook-ah, noona is okay I just wasn't keeping track of the days and forgot today was the first day it came back."

Hana let's put a small whimper as another particularly harsh cramp attacked her lower abdomen. "Can someone bring in Juna unnie, she should have what I need."

Namjoon who left as soon as he heard "..first day it came back.." returned with Juna just as Hana asked for her.

"Aigoo, Haneul are you okay sweetie? I know it's been a while since your last one. Everything will be okay, you're very strong; here let's get you to the dressing room, I left some of your essentials there." Juna, Hana's personal stylist and older sister figure said while she helped her out of the practice room.

The bits and pieces of the conversation that the boys just listened to started to connect in their brains. Namjoon the leader was the first the realize leaving the other six to ponder and connect the dots; the seven boys sat on the practice room floor in silence for a few minutes.

Until Yoongi spoke, "You know I forget that Haneul is a functioning young woman. She keeps up with us on a daily, and we barely notice when she is going through something like her period. If I'm being honest the last time I remember her dealing with her period so clearly was before she was going to debut with us, back when she was still a trainee."

"Yoongi hyung is right.. this industry we are in is tough on the females. Haneul is very stong for dealing with the added stress and pain she goes through." Namjoon noted.

"Wah~ I hope noona feels better soon. I don't like seeing her in so much pain." With glossy eyes Jungkook adds.

"Jungkook-ah don't worry too much over Haneul. She'll be okay by the end of this week." Taehyung assured Jungkook, while hugging him tightly.

"You know Haneul has been living with us for seven almost eight years now. I think maybe we should ask the stylist noonas what essentials Haneul needs in case this situation happens again."

Namjoon nods at what Jimin said. He looks at the other five members who also make noises of agreement.

Hoseok started to get up from the circle, "Right, we'll do that Jimin. I think for today we should take it easy. You know just help Hana, we already reviewed the harder choreographies earlier anyways."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

i've read so many 8th members stories where the main oc is exempt from their hectic idol schedule, and the boys are taking care of her. realistically speaking it's not a thing in the harsh world that is the kpop industry, you can see that simply by kpop girl groups. the reality is that female idols aren't given any special treatment for having a period they just got to deal with it. they can't just take a break because it just so happens to be the week for their bloody niagara falls to flow. there are alternatives though, for example during promotions female idols may take certain hormonal pills to delay their period. on the other hand a lot of them also have irregular periods due to stress and dieting. i wanted to write this chapter in a way to portray a more realistic version of the female idol life. they have schedules, they don't have the time to spare for a member who is dealing with their period, they have fans and haters who take the smallest thing and blow it out proportion. it is more realistic for a female idol to get hated on because of their attitude(s) or not looking as energetic because it could just be them having a off day, or in this case the day of their periods. which every woman knows affects us not only physically but also emotionally. while female idols may get to take more breaks during training if their period cramps are terrible, they are never completely exempt form training because of their period. i'm not trying to be rude but it's so unrealistic for the female 8th member along with the boys to just have a week off of training because it just so happens to be the week of her period. anyways female kpop idols are so strong to be able to deal with their periods while living their hectic schedules. and i wanted acknowledge that.

2023 note: wow is that a lot past me had to say on this topic, so sorry for going off the charts the past two/three years. i found this draft and although it's mostly unfinished from what i originally wanted to put out, i decided i'm just going to publish this for now as i've been so unmotivated to write. however in the future i might take it down to edit it, hope everyone has been safe and healthy these past years!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃