Chapter 7

We avoided each other. We slept separate. He pushed me away. I apologized so many times for Bimbus leaving a black stain on his very pale carpets. I haven't heard Corpse utter a word in about 4 days. I needed to get out of this house, I may love Corpse but I need to go out to see the sun, so I took Bimbus on a walk.

I wrote a note and slipped it under his bedroom door. He had the door locked so I didn't bother trying any more. I wrote "I'll be back" and with that I grabbed a leash and took Bimbus to walk the neighborhood.

The complex had many connected homes that went around an entire block. I decided the walk would get me close to a farmers market, so I might as well get some groceries. Bimbus barked happily as we padded our feet all the way to the end of the block. We exited our community gate, the mid summer sun seeming to brighten as we made our way into the main road. I decided to hold Bimbus until we made it to the market. I don't want him to get too hot. 

The blazing sun followed us all the way to the shaded hut area gave some comfort. I didn't have an idea for food today, and Corpse sure didn't help with that. 'No, don't think about him' He probably hasn't even thought about me, but I'm here suffering. I sighed as I found fresh flour. I asked for 2 cups, and placed them in a big reusable bag. I decided I wanted to make some fresh bread, so I picked up rosemary and I also decided that a light pasta would be delicious with fresh bread. I grabbed tomatoes, spinach, garlic, and few more small ingredients. It was time to head home when my phone began to buzz. Corpse's contact lit up my screen. I walked back towards his house, waiting until the last ring to answer his call. 

His breathing seemed off. "Sy-sSykkuno where are you?" I hesitated to respond. "I took Bimbus on a walk." I stated dryly. "Why-why didn't you- you tell me Sy?" he seemed to the brink of tears. "You had the door locked, I didn't want to bother." I tried so hard to be nonchalant. I was getting close to the complex as I heard silence from the other line. "I-We need to talk." He was almost inaudible. I had no response but my breathing became hitched. Bimbus was happily running his little leg to the gate, not aware of the intense feeling pitted in the silent air. "Alright." I stated simply before hanging up. My heart felt achy and I found myself at the door all too quick. Before I could even unlock the door, it was open with a shirtless Corpse standing there. His hair was disheveled, he pulled me in, barely letting Bimbus in before closing the door and pinning me behind it. His body was cold, and his head was on my shoulder. I had dropped my groceries, a few onions rolled out of the top. 

"I'm sorry I've been so distant Sy." His voice croaked. He was holding me so close. My heart was pounding too quickly. "I-I need to make lunch." I pushed him back. I bent down and grabbed everything from the ground, and unhooked Bimbus' leash.  I felt bad for pushing Corpse away but I needed him to not have me feel like this. I unbagged all my ingredients, placing them on the island of the kitchen. My eyes couldn't meet his. I just began pulling out pans and pots and cooking the tomatoes and spinach. Corpse had moved closer and closer and was now standing behind me. I moved as though he wasn't there, but his lean abdomen now rested against my back. "Thomas look at me" His breath fanned my ear. I had never heard him say my real name and I dare not say his. I turned only slightly before he held me close in an embrace. "Thomas I-I'm ready. I-I'm ready to figure this out." His voice was muffled into my neck. "James I know where I stand. " I said softly (I decided to give a regular name for Corpse so their was a closer felling) "I really like you James-" "I like you too Thomas." He was stern in his words. His eyes now bored into mine and the air grew tense. I wanted to pull him close and just kiss him, but I couldn't rush him. But I got lucky.

Our lips drew close. His lips were soft and smooth and they moved softly against mine. He tasted of mint and berries. I found myself pulling back for air. 

"Sy, will you be my boyfriend?" he said it all so quickly. I stuttered and sputtered excited and filled with joy. Before I could get the answer out I felt a pop on the back of my skin. 

The food was burning! It was so hot the tomato juice was popping and it left my arm burned. "Owe OWWW" I screeched as I hurriedly turned off the burners.  Corpse ran cool water from the sink and lid my arm under it, the coolness feeling nice. He cleared his throat. "S-sorry to distract you with the food cooking, this is my fault." He rubbed his thumb on my arm.

"Yes." I said.

"Yes?"

"Mhm. My answer is yes James." 

"Wait, omg Sy you-you're-"

"Shut up and kiss me James."